Ninja Goblins

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Shayloh
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Ninja Goblins

Post by Shayloh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 am

Lately, the goblinoids east of Baldur's Gate laying siege to the Friendly Arm Inn have been hanging around immediately in front of the inn's only entrance. This wouldn't really be a problem, but it isn't possible to see them before you run into them. By that, I mean that looking towards the inn from the road always seems to show empty plains, regardless of how large the waiting lynch mob is.

This is an incredibly nasty surprise for those Express Deliveries just trying to make some honest coin. Am I the only one having trouble looking before I leap?
"A man is known by the silence he keeps."
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Ninja Goblins

Post by Harroghty » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:03 am

"It's a dangerous business, Shayloh, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
The room is probably dark in night time when you look in there and cannot see them.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:10 am

That's something I noticed recently with "special exit", like teh tent in the ranger camps, or the path in ardeep too, or the portal from the gate spell.

You can look into it anymore, well you can but you don't see the mobiles. Even when the room behind it lit.
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Hm. Interesting. Yes, that appears to be correct, Brar.

I tested this by looking during daylight (without success) and then adding a fire (i30) to the room and looking during periods of darkness. I could see the goblins from r16293 (just to the east), but could not see them from r59540 (Before the Friendly Arm Inn) when I typed "look inn".

This changes in those cases where a special exit is paired also with a cardinal direction exit (e.g. Eagle Peak or Battlerise). You can look in the cardinal direction that is paired with the special exit and see; you only cannot "look path" or "look trail" and see in.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Should they even be in front of the Inn? I find it a bit annoying that I am walking into a mob of 4 not being able to see them, and then having another 1, 2, 3, coming in while I am still being attacked? The entrance seems like it should be a generally safe place. Just my thoughts though. I don't like being attacked on my horse by 7 or more goblins. It's pretty easy to die there, and get cornered by the other goblins if you flee.
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 am

Should now be fixed.