Leading a horse.

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Leading a horse.

Post by Alitar » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 am

It seems that a horse loses stamina much faster if it does not have a rider. I had thought to take two mounts to go from one area to a much distant area only to find that the non-ridden mount lost stamina at a greater rate by far. I tried changing mounts and it didn't matter, whichever was unridden dropped faster. This isn't anything major, but it was indeed unexpected. Thank you for reading!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Leading a horse.

Post by Harroghty » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:50 am

I have seen this also. I recommend that all horses lose stamina consistently relative to their burden and terrain.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Raona
Staff
Staff

Re: *Leading a horse.

Post by Raona » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Yep, sure enough. I'm pretty sure this is hard code.

It does seem to work for a load, that is, a horse carrying weight tires more quickly than does an unburdened one. So the problem may be that the weight of the rider is not added, but subtracted?

Steps to reproduce:

{Slay any current pets}
GOTO 13807
BUY FILLY ONE
BUY FILLY TWO
GOTO 58081
MOUNT ONE
At a measured pace, move around the world with Two in tow, and riding on One. After a while,
GROUP

Observed: One will be less tired than Two
Expected: One should be more tired than Two, it having to carry the weight of a rider.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Leading a horse.

Post by Harroghty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:35 pm

This is also appears to be true for any type of minion. This is particularly irksome with pets like birds; their stamina is demolished very shortly as they fly around outside of a town. One, for example, cannot have their hawk follow from Waterdeep to Berdusk without become exhausted somewhere along the way.

e.g.
After riding one vulture (griffon) with another following around.

>mounted [ Male Griff] A grey riding vulture 100%hp 100%mn 99%mv
>without a rider [ Male Griff] A grey riding vulture 100%hp 100%mn 91%mv
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons