Shield necklace not providing armour spell

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Shield necklace not providing armour spell

Post by Gwain » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:00 pm

When I tried to use the item affect of a shield-shaped silver necklace I recieved this echo:

Code: Select all

Your shield-shaped necklace glows briefly.
But no affect. There were no other ac spells affecting me at the time.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Shield necklace not providing armour spell

Post by Harroghty » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 pm

This happens with objects using mpcast from time to time. It should fix itself.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Zorinar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zorinar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 pm

I just wanted to add that this has been happening for about a year for me. I get about a 1 out of 4 success rate, with better results during the night time hours (mud time). This also happens with the Pink Mushrooms that produce the same effect. I can eat several of them in a row with no effect from any of them.
Seek ye victory? Ye shall eventually find defeat.
Seek ye defeat? Ye shall most certainly find it.
Seek ye nothing? Then all ye can find is victory.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 am

I've been trying repeatedly over the last few days to get the affects of the shield necklace to work. I've come to the conclusion that it is not working. I've tried in rooms with mobiles, characters, and objects, wilderness areas, with five other spell affects on me and with none. I've taken it off, put it on. I'm of the opinion that it may be bugged to the point it does not work. I can't account for other charged items though.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:21 pm

I just destroyed your version, gave you a new one, and forced you to use the keyword. It worked.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Thank you!