The current syntax definition file can be downloaded from http://users.skynet.be/fa627469/areas.syn. Make sure that it is correctly named areas.syn (if the extension was replaced with .txt, change it back to .syn).
To install it,
- Place the area.syn file in the system subfolder of your textpad folder in Program Files (or wherever you have installed Textpad).
- Launch Textpad, select Configure, New Document Class.
- Choose a name for the class ("Area files" or something like that), Class members should be *.are, then choose Enable syntax highlighting and select the file areas.syn.
- Now, to choose the colours for the different classes of keywords, choose Configure, Preferences, Document classes, Area files (or whatever you called them), then the Color section.
- BRACKETS = symbols ~ and |
- STRINGS = section headers and vnums
- COMMENTS 1 = M and E resets
- COMMENTS 2 = G resets and trained skills
- KEYWORDS 1 = flags for rooms/mobs/objects (except those cited below)
- KEYWORDS 2 = flags for the reset section and main flags for mobs (class), objects (type), and rooms (DDIR_)
- KEYWORDS 3 = program keywords (mpcommands, if checks, ...)
- KEYWORDS 4 = socials (can be used in programs)
- KEYWORDS 5 = program headers (time_prog, buy_prog, ...)
- KEYWORDS 6 = obsolete flags, flags that should not/rarely be used