Possible Bug With Storerooms?

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Possible Bug With Storerooms?

Post by Aldren » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:12 pm

(Original post not gone through in the past week)
Hi there,
Character involved: Aldren
Dwelling located in High Forest

I recently had my entire store room disappear, with the exception of one weapon's rack with a handful of mundane weapons in it. Has anyone got any information regarding this, or know any causes to why this might have happened? Has it affected other store rooms?

Thank you for the help and information.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Possible Bug With Storerooms?

Post by Gwain » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:05 am

Both of Gwain's storerooms were hit, the root cellar is completely empty of everything, the underground treasury vault only has a fraction of what was once there, there were hundreds of items. I checked them two days ago and they were fine. The secondary storeroom (The root cellar) once a shop storeroom back when it was Tsai's dwelling is completely empty of containers and items. Please add me to the list.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Janon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Janon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:00 am

Mine too. :cry:
Janon,
Corellon's Cartographer
Brar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Brar » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Eltsac's dwelling storeroom is not affected by that.

His old shop storeroom was empty anyway.
Your friendly house-elf,
Brar
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Mine seems to be untouched.
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:55 am

Alas, I know nothing about this and it's very hard to test on the testport. (I suspect it has to do with the specific PCs for whom the storerooms are coded.) Would it be a fair guess to say that it only impacted PCs that were logged in at some point in time around Oct 7? Are there others who have been impacted by this, beyond Aldren, Gwain, and Janon?
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:24 pm

As a note, I am still experiencing issues with store rooms being empty. Just a head's up.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Just wanted to check the status on this issue, as it goes my storerooms are still missing their items save for a few. Thank you.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Supposedly you can add that some player characters may have lost items in the storage area, though I can't recall whom. Its been around two months since the losses, the remaining items in my storeroom appear untouched, we may just need a reload of various storerooms from the last available save when a game admin is available.

Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:41 pm

This does not appear to have been widespread, but it is serious for those it did affect. In order to make the most of Mask's precious time, I would like a complete list of who was affected before I ask him to go to the backups. Right now I am aware of the following PCs as having been affected:
Aldren
Gwain (2 storerooms)
Janon

Please confirm that I have the right PC, and that you were affected. If anyone else lost a swath of things all at once from their storeroom or the storage area in early October, please speak now!

I'm sorry for not staying on top of this, it is the school term and reference letter season and I've barely even had time to read the forums. I do appreciate what a bummer it is for those impacted.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:37 am

Correct. Lost entire storeroom besides from a handful of mundane things on one rack.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:00 am

Root cellar is completely empty, there are a few storage containers left in the vault but everything else missing.

Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:26 am

Also lost entire virtually an storeroom (Spaki). Thanks.

Edit: also missing an exit off the storeroom (!) and all the contents of bags on a stabled horse.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Update:
Right now I am aware of the following PCs as having been affected:
Aldren [confirmed]
Gwain (2 storerooms) [confirmed]
Janon
Spaki (2 storerooms, contents of bags on mount, one exit off storeroom) [confirmed]

These could not possibly be thefts, right?!?
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:50 pm

In regaurds to mine, all the storerooms are logged and if they were thefts the items in question would be available in the world in some form or another. Short of an imm, I know for sure that no one can physically take all the contents of one or two storerooms. I can't speak for the others.

Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:08 pm

They're not thefts.
Beshaba potatoes.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Spaki's experience suggests the issue was not related to logging in at just the wrong time, but rather something to do with how much was in the affected storerooms - and also that it may still apply, it is not a given that it won't recur even if the missing stuff is put back.

The missing exit in Spaki's case is unique, so I'm going to try following up on that with the builders first, and see if it pinpoints anything. Hang in there, folks.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am

Alrighty, the missing exit proved to be something else (much more readily explained)!

Back to the drawing board...but this is still live.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 am

One thing that could be explored would be to look at the astats of one unaffected storeroom and compare it to an affected one. I've sort of had an inkling of this happen before, I've had things disapear that had to be replaced. It could be just a random occurance with a new area being loaded into the game or updated. An easy way to look at it would be to study logs available from before or during October 4th and see if there are any relevant glitches. Another way would be to use the storerooms counterparts on the test port, fill them and then duplicate the event. As I've seen so far in the last three months, nothing else has vanished though, it could be an awry update.

Nylo
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nylo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:05 am

My(Nylo's) bag has apparently disappeared from the Secure Storage storeroom. I'm thinking this might be related?
Nylo, Fighter of Tempus
Anver, Transmuter of Garl
Malic, Cleric of Tyr
Luthir, Druid of Mielikki