Unavailable trainers

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Unavailable trainers

Post by Cret » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 am

I was told to ask for this here via the ask channel:

I was wondering if we could add trainers for evil druids for skills and spells. As it still stands a lot of trainers only train druids and rangers but Malar is still not seen as one. That and some still are restricted by faith only trainers: Pathfinding and shapechange come to mind. I understand that its the smallest demographic of players. But some consideration would be appreciated :D
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Unavailable trainers

Post by Harroghty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:34 am

Moved from "Game Suggestions". Let's work on adding in some of these spells/skills. Please recommend skills, spells, and trainer NPCs.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Kallias
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Kallias » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 am

Tower Shield Prof
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:29 am

Specifically for druids.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 am

My search for these might be off as some area's are new and I miss them. But for the most part I cannot find them or at least on appropriate mobs. A good area for higher spells is the Undermountain Forest which has Malar trainers.

Spells:
Barkskin (found but only enemy's of Malar)
Call Lightning storm
conjure elemental
Dominate animal
faerie fire
Hold Animal
heal animal companion
tree stride
...most level 7+ spells

Skills:
Shapechange
Pathfinding.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am

Some of this applies to non-Malarite druids as well, particularly for the higher level spells, but there are a fair few others that I've not found (granted, that doesn't mean they aren't available somewhere I haven't looked). If you want an exhaustive list, I can provide it.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:06 am

I would really appreciate it if you posted your list. I can -at some point- start with that and go from there.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:03 pm

My cleric has run into the problem of not seeing trainers for the following spells:
- create food
- cure moderate wounds

At least, there's none in Waterdeep and Berdusk. I was killed before I could venture futher... and praying did nothing to bring him to life...
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Trillarel wrote:My cleric has run into the problem of not seeing trainers for the following spells:
- create food
- cure moderate wounds

At least, there's none in Waterdeep and Berdusk. I was killed before I could venture futher... and praying did nothing to bring him to life...
Create food's out there, relatively easy. One of the first few prayers my character learned. And praying to be returned to life won't instantly bring your char back to life cause they're a priest. Depends on your God and a few other things. HELP RETURNING TO LIFE offers other options if praying does nothing.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:04 am

Exhaustive list of missing spells and skills, druid of Meilikki. I should add a caveat that I am almost certain some of these are available but I haven't found them yet. I took out those spells/skills that this character doesn't know yet but I know are available. Some of those on this list I know are also problematic for other classes (spider climb springs to mind immediately).

Spells
Level 1 - produce flame
Level 2 - detect buried, hold animal, spider climb
Level 3 - call lightning, dominate animal, poison, resilience
Level 4 - ice storm
Level 5 - animal growth, call lightning storm, tree stride
Level 6 - drown, mass slink, mass trollish vigor
Level 7 - aura of vitality, fire storm, mass cure moderate, stone body, sunbeam, true sight, wind walk
Level 8 - conjure greater elemental, finger of death, mass cure serious, sunburst
Level 9 - mass cure critical, mass death ward, mass drown, polymorph, regenerate, storm of vengeance

Skills
sense motive, spot, brew, scribe
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:43 pm

I was wondering if these spells had been opened to malarites as of yet? Ive looked around and have yet to find anything new
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 am

I added a few recently and plan to include more in a forthcoming area.
Manadhon
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Manadhon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Harroghty wrote:I added a few recently and plan to include more in a forthcoming area.
I have a couple in an area I'm working (slowly) on as well.