Advertise or Die 3.0

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Advertise or Die 3.0

Post by Harroghty » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 am

We could easily snatch fourth place away from New Worlds (it would be about as easy as Lensmoor taking fifth place from us). Keep voting, please!
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:38 am

Alitar wrote:The men of the Moor line the walls of Fort Fiverank! They watch down and wait as we give seige for they know they've nowhere to run but south! But we'll not give them that chance will we? No Brothers and Sisters... the Red Knight guides our generals! We will not starve them out while we've engines of destruction to breach the walls! We'll not starve them out while we've will and strength-of-arms to win this battle! This night we dine in the halls of Fort Fiverank! And on the morrow, we march for Sixeth Castle!

Thank you for your inspiring words once again. I've done my duty.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 am

Well, I did a bit of advertising on Candlekeep Forum (one of the best forums for Forgotten Realms fans). And I *still* have to write that review for the Polish site...
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Lo and the great host stood before the castle, a massive throng of green flesh undulating like the ocean before the great wave crashes against rocks with unyielding fury...

As the man of the New World looks out over the Orc Horde that had come so suddenly from the Forgotten Kingdoms, he cringes. Frightful images and terrors race through his mind with every call of "Crush'm!" or "Kill da humies!" that reaches past the castle's crenelations. The grizzled, teary-eyed man looks back over the fearful militia-men, wishing he had rousing words but when his lips part, all that is heard is a nearly silent, "We're... we're going to die."

Down in the horde below the great warboss turns to his brethren and barks, "Kill'm all an' cook'm up!" and the insatiable bloodlust becomes too much for the horde to handle...

The words were heard by each man as the whispering moved quickly through the ranks... it was not long before the screaming began and man clawed over man in attempt to escape the carnage and fear. Death hung heavy in the air around Castle Fourvel the day the Great Wave came into the mainland.

(orcs aren't long-winded, VOTE!)
(also, meant Castle Fourvel in the last post, not Castle Sixeth.)
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 am

Well... we /had/ Castle Fourvel. XD

We can overtake it again though, it looks like we've gained on them rather well and in only a couple days, we've made a /huge/ impact on our votes. Your rousing speech is ooc today. From me, to you. Vote. Voting will bring us a stronger player base and bring us more people that we can welcome into the family. People who might some day play a child or a spouse or a best friend to your character. People who will contribute to a game we all know and love. Spread the love yo. Word.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:30 pm

3. SlothMUD view stats 193
4. Forgotten Kingdoms view stats 101
5. New Worlds view stats 100
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:10 am

Sweetness. Last night we had 4 for a bit so it's good we've got it back. Let's try to hold onto it. :)
~Frank Miller
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:45 am

I don't wanna brag but when I clicked the link, it said we were five, and when I clicked vote, it said we were 4. *bow*

ERRYONE GIT ON IT. Pleeeeease....? :)
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

The tide fought against the cliff face for as long as it took, and the cliff-face fell. Farther along the coast, Castle Fourvel was overtaken by the Greenskin horde in much the same way. The battle was bloody, reinforcements coming as a surprise from the west and still rally to harry the flanks of the orc horde, but the outcome is quite decided. Castle Fourvel belongs to the horde out of the Forgotten Kingdoms.
-----=====-----

The young squire's mismatched eyes bore into those of the dark reaver before him. Steaming blood streams down his chest and flecks his lips as the combat breaks and the two foes stand staring at one another. White snow, stained red with blood, forms a savage arena around the pair. The reaver's panting fills the clearing and he glances at the lifeless form of his comrade, then at the broken, mangled finger torn and wedged between studs on the squire's hammer.

The reaver gestures at the squire with the blade in his remaining good hand as he says, "You're playing with death Two-Face... It was a mistake not to take you seriously, but I'll not make that mistake again."

The squire's achromatic eye twitches as his warhammer sizzles quietly, its enchantment cooking away at the crushed, ruined digit lodged between the studs of its head while he speaks in a solemn voice, "You will recieve a proper burial, Murderer. Better than you offered the owners of that caravan. The town of Thirden will be liberated."

With a scowl the reaver charges and the squire begins to call out a haunting battle-prayer, accenting the words and tempo with crushing strikes of his warhammer. The reaver's blade darts out violently over and over again to be only to be shattered upon a lunging shield. A lesson, given by a woman who'd mentored his own master a long time past, comes into fruition as the squire bashes his heavy shield through the reaver's guard and lays him low. The squire's haunting war-song reaches its climax and his warhammer comes down through the man's broken guard.

Brains, bone and blood reached the ground before the body. It took great effort, but the squire's worn old shovel carved two holes out of the frozen ground and he saw his foemen buried before he allowed blood-loss to steal his conciousness. The battle would be long... the reavers encampment was not far off. The Reavers of Sloth would be taught their lesson.

(Voteee! I'm running out of ideas for this /super/ quick. Feel free to pm if you have bits of inspiration to offer! We've taken fourth and third is quite a ways away but if we all vote and work hard at it, we might catch up. At the very least, we'll make a good clean getaway from the ones behind us. :D )
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 pm

My brain is fried so this is another ooc boost for morale!

Join the fight for Town Thirden!
Let's fight off the Reavers of Sloth!
Lets take Third!(Or at least bolster our hold on fourth.)
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am

The army of King Place the Third was making distance that a Tuigan warlord would admire. Each day they put another five miles between their rear guard and the two close pursuing armies. The dust cloud from their marching grew smaller in the distance. The lights of their camp fires became almost as more stars upon the horizon of inky black. The land in their wake was bare and stripped of grain and animals. The houses, burned frames of cinders and blackened scraps of hide, left behind almost might have never been the happy homes of their dead residents, were it not for the visceral reminders of those unhappy conquered. The bodies of men from the New World and the oddly shaped men of BatMUD lay strewn amidst the rubble, their skin turned sable and accented with dull splashes of vermilion and ocher.

The pursuit was more mobile still. The flagging men of Lensmoor did slough away like the riches of the landscape before the advance of the Sloths and their leader, King Place the Third. The men of kingdoms once forgotten, their energy renewed, pushed forward and ate miles that did little to slake the hunger for victory that haunted their eyes.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Darkness fell on the Town of Thirden. The war party on the hill above had felt the loss of the Commander's squire and all had a taste for vengeance. Fury was in every heart as they felt the Chill within the town. Each man had faced the restless dead before and had never thought the Reavers of Sloth to be capable of drawing on such an evil. Hearts were beginning to sink.

The captain's brow furrows as he watches the final search team leave the encampment, his heart hoping the Lady of Luck leads them to the Commander's missing squire. As he turns back towards the encampment the dark cloud over each man draws a sigh from his lips.
In an instant he finds himself marching and shouting, "We all feel it men! The town's become a pit of undead and it's time you accept the what that means! Those Slother's have a dire magic but the Commander's led us through worse than the walking dead before!" he slows in his marching to study the faces of the men who were turning to give him their attention. The captain glimpses the Commander's gleaming plate in the opening to the war tent and feels himself bolstered ten-fold by the Commander's gaze, "We've all seen the intensity of that lad when fighting these walking corpses and I want each of you to match it until he's found and brought back, am I understood?"
The haggard men stand a little straighter as they call back their various assents, though not loud enough. The captain's voice booms, "I said, you'll each knock these corpses back into their graves with some proper bloody resolve! Am I understood?"

The necromancer stamped a foot in the ruddy brown puddle. He didn't like the visions it showed him of the cheering men of these Forgotten Kingdoms. The Reavers of Sloth had found more resistance in this Thirden Town than they had imagined and the cheering men depicted on the hill only precluded more difficulties. The necromancer turned his eyes over his beautiful, immortal corpses and felt a rare twinge of fear. Thirden Town should have remained Forgotten. These Kingdoms were frought with perilous foes.
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 pm

We're pulling out ahead and it looks like we might be gaining slowly but surely on the leading pack. Aardwolf has siezed the lead from DSL it seems but they're neck and neck up there.
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Voooote!
~Frank Miller
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:13 am

Thank you and Harroghty for your efforts. :) I know my actual votage has been happening because of these friendly reminders.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Thank you Lyl. :)

I hope this is serving as a fair reminder to many people to vote. Even when it's just little bumps like this.
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Someone give a motivating speech-thingy! I'm exhausted from work. And don't forget to vote!
~Frank Miller
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Alrighty, so we've made some decent progress and are now safely in our position and it looks like we'll be staying here awhile. Keep up the voting though. Complacency costs, after all.
~Frank Miller
Tarven
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tarven » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm

So, I noticed us on http://www.rpggateway.com/

If people can head over and toss some votes up here, maybe we can diversify our resources for incoming players. Mudconnect is a staple, but isn't the only by any means.

And speaking of mudconnect, don't forget to vote!
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 pm

We're doing really well! Keep voting everyone!
~Frank Miller