TMC Ranking Incentives

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

TMC Ranking Incentives

Post by Harroghty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 am

Hi friends: I have some incentives to vote on TMC for Forgotten Kingdoms. If we are able to stay in the top 10 (places 6-10) for one week then I will begin to initiate some quests involving the fabled deck of fate. More cards and quests will follow with a second week in those places and so on.

Feel free to make suggestions about what you want if we are able to get into the top five places. (But remember that these would not be individual rewards; we do not want to bribe people specifically to vote, we just want to reward all players if we make it into a high spot.)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: TMC Ranking Incentives

Post by Gwain » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:26 am

I'm very pleased to see the deck of fate re-entering the game after all these years.

I'd like to suggest that if we make it to number one status that Bane be introduced as a followable patron in the mud. Ultimate incentive, more or less.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Ceir
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ceir » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 am

I'd love to see some of the impossible-to-find spells and skills emerge one way or the other. For example, wandmaking, staffmaking, the level 7~9 spells no one seems to know how to find, would all be neat. I don't know what the other classes have missing from the game right now, but that'd be great for wizards. Ceir's not the only one who mourns the apparent absence of stuff like meteor swarm.

Also, rods of wonder (though you'd have to improvise some replacements for effects not in the game.)

Edit:
Gwain wrote:I'm very pleased to see the deck of fate re-entering the game after all these years.

I'd like to suggest that if we make it to number one status that Bane be introduced as a followable patron in the mud. Ultimate incentive, more or less.
That would be neat.
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 am

I think ultimately any rewards that can tie both evil and good characters into story plot to really show new players that our playerbase is active and we work on story and we work together to ultimately have fun! :D Bane and any world changing events could make roleplay interesting and rewarding!
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 am

To wit, that might be possible, Ceir, if someone finds Mystra's card.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 am

Ceir wrote:I'd love to see some of the impossible-to-find spells and skills emerge one way or the other. For example, wandmaking, staffmaking, the level 7~9 spells no one seems to know how to find, would all be neat. I don't know what the other classes have missing from the game right now, but that'd be great for wizards. Ceir's not the only one who mourns the apparent absence of stuff like meteor swarm.
I'm going to come in here and killjoy this suggestion. I don't understand why we have to do things such as this to get spells that should have been in game already, and available. Some of these spells have been stuff older wizards have been looking over several years now. It's a nice thought, but I think a little tacky based off voting for the game to get new(actually old) spells.

As for my suggestions, I like the idea of unique items. Not ones that are every day, or generic as to general population, and possibly ones that have special meaning behind them.
Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Grenwyn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:13 am

Tyeslan wrote:
Ceir wrote:I'd love to see some of the impossible-to-find spells and skills emerge one way or the other. For example, wandmaking, staffmaking, the level 7~9 spells no one seems to know how to find, would all be neat. I don't know what the other classes have missing from the game right now, but that'd be great for wizards. Ceir's not the only one who mourns the apparent absence of stuff like meteor swarm.
I'm going to come in here and killjoy this suggestion. I don't understand why we have to do things such as this to get spells that should have been in game already, and available. Some of these spells have been stuff older wizards have been looking over several years now. It's a nice thought, but I think a little tacky based off voting for the game to get new(actually old) spells.
I agree that we shouldn't have to... but realistically, if this'd get some of the missing spells in the game, I'd vote for that.
Kalahani Ka'uhane
Gottschalk, Witchdoctah
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 am

Getting spells put in the game doesn't really add any story interaction or roleplay to the game it only adds that spells. But to be honest, all spells should be accessible already one way or another quests and the like. I like the idea of unique items that have special meaning, but that would mean that there has to be some plot or story behind them. Overall I'd honestly like to see some world plot and getting characters involved. I'm glad though that something like this can help bring the pbase together! :D

Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Grenwyn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Bellayana wrote:Getting spells put in the game doesn't really add any story interaction or roleplay to the game it only adds that spells. But to be honest, all spells should be accessible already one way or another quests and the like. I like the idea of unique items that have special meaning, but that would mean that there has to be some plot or story behind them. Overall I'd honestly like to see some world plot and getting characters involved. I'm glad though that something like this can help bring the pbase together! :D
That's not completely true... "spell research" quests along the lines of the alchemy introduction could bring more roleplay to the game along with the spells, and passing them on from PC to PC automatically entails RP.
Kalahani Ka'uhane
Gottschalk, Witchdoctah
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 pm

I feel that a big story would be an excellent reward myself. Whether it is the return of Bane or perhaps an "opening ceremony" for the capital city Cormyr is of no matter, just that it is something memorable that will draw in our players and give us all memories to share.

With that said, everyone remember to vote!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Atraos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm

New Member signings appear to be suspended on TMC...I tried
Theolund
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Theolund » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm not worried about the gain we each might individually find. I just want to see more new players. New players equal more people around equal more fun! How often can we vote?
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Atraos wrote:New Member signings appear to be suspended on TMC...I tried
I also noticed this yesterday.

Theo, you can vote once per day! I usually set
my phone alarm and vote before I get ready for
Work!

I'd like to suggest if we can reach our goal and have
the staff, that the Waterdeep Faire makes an appearance.
It would be very enjoyable for all!
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus
Theolund
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Theolund » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 pm

done and done!
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm on nights so it's hard to measure for me... is this day two or day three in the top 10? Also, let this message be today's friendly reminder to vote! :)
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm

That's not completely true... "spell research" quests along the lines of the alchemy introduction could bring more roleplay to the game along with the spells, and passing them on from PC to PC automatically entails RP.
This sort of incentive only helps those characters that are spellcasters. What about rangers,thieves,fighters and the like? I agree that the spells could add roleplay for wizards teaching other wizards but it doesn't help the WHOLE only parts. I would like to point out that the spells should be in, and we should be at Rank 6 all the time. It takes the mud working together. Cheers!

Casamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Casamir » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Well for everyone else, it would be nice to see a few of the rarer weapon properties used. That cursed runeblade. The vampiric jewelled dagger. Or the vorpal scythe.
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!" "'Tis as impossible that he's undrowned as he that sleeps here swims." "I'm begging you please wake me up, In all my dreams I...."
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 am

Well for everyone else, it would be nice to see a few of the rarer weapon properties used. That cursed runeblade. The vampiric jewelled dagger. Or the vorpal scythe.
I would much rather see a story event than any weapons or feats or spells.
~Frank Miller
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 am

We have passed the requirement (five days in the top 10) for me to begin the deck of fate quest. I am heavily rebuilding some stuff in support of that quest and so it will be a couple of days before I get it back up and running, but it will happen.

This will be a semi-live, semi-automated role-play with some out-of-the-ordinary rewards in a couple of the categories that we've talked about.
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:33 am

Rolling for Golem Arms.
Jamais arriere.