Script suggestion

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Ceir
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Script suggestion

Post by Ceir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 am

Here's an idea by a stupid player for stupid players. Hostlers and stableboys should say something when someone leaves the room while there's an item on the ground. I accidentally left Ceir's saddlebags on the ground a few days ago, and they're long gone.
Casamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Script suggestion

Post by Casamir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 am

If we are fixing stables, perhaps we could retroactively add an extra description to all stable tokens expressing which stable they belong to?
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!" "'Tis as impossible that he's undrowned as he that sleeps here swims." "I'm begging you please wake me up, In all my dreams I...."
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Casamir wrote:If we are fixing stables, perhaps we could retroactively add an extra description to all stable tokens expressing which stable they belong to?
I know there are a few in Waterdeep and other cities that have this but not all areas have it. It would certainly be nice.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 am

Wasn't that question posed before? If I remember correctly, something about some stables using the same token just renamed or something?
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Nylo
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nylo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:27 am

Well, assuming they use similar code to this:

Code: Select all

mpoload VNUM
mposet VNUM short {90}a bright red token
mposet VNUM long {90}A bright red token lies here.
mposet VNUM name iVNUM bright red token
I think you could just add another phrase to the program,

Code: Select all

mposet VNUM ed addline 'bright red token' {90}This bright red token bears the mark of the Red Token Stables in Waterdeep.
It would entail a ton of work to go around adding it to existing stables, though, as they say in the original topic:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=14986

EDIT: Addressing the original topic of the post - it would be easy enough to code, I think, but the same thing applies, it would take too much time to add it to the stables.
Nylo, Fighter of Tempus
Anver, Transmuter of Garl
Malic, Cleric of Tyr
Luthir, Druid of Mielikki
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:42 pm

I have been updating tokens as I edit existing stables, but I don't feel that it is a particularly good use of time to focus on this. We all lose a mount from time to time. (Yep, even me.) If you really get stuck then just ask or the application system and we will get you your mount or pet back.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 pm

I used to keep track of my mounts on notepad too.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)