The Festival of Extraordinary Arts!

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

The Festival of Extraordinary Arts!

Post by Enig » Tue May 21, 2013 7:33 pm

We'll be holding a festival of art and artists fairly soon, welcoming any and all artists (who are able to arrive peacefully, without brandishing deadly weapons) to perform and present their work. Importantly noted: we're accepting entries from anyone, whether they be bard, wizard, ranger, or dung sweeper.

We'll be splitting the art from the festival into two sections:

1) Live performances- This can include anything from juggling to sword eating, or even a play, if sufficient actors can be gathered. I recommend a puppet show, personally. Anything that's presented live at the festival is eligible for this portion.

2) Exhibition art- This will cover anything that isn't performed live, as you might expect. Paintings, drawings, non-recited stories, and so on, will all be eligible for this portion of the festival.

During the festival we'll be accepting votes from all visitors on their favourites from the two categories and near the end we'll tally them up and award appropriate prizes both mysterious and wondrous (possibly fruit baskets).

So, some important bits to follow!

The location this is taking place in is the concert hall in Waterdeep, adjoining the Singing Sword.

The time this is taking place in is..

(OOC note: Saturday, may 8th, 2PM EST, or http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... T14&p1=250)

And last, but not least, this will be a fully catered event with snacks and entrees as far as the eye can see. It's also generally expected that people won't be attending in full battle armour. Ball gowns and black silk suits aren't required but casual attire completely bereft of sharp jagged steel spikes is *highly* recommended (especially if you want to attract a dance partner).
Beskytter
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: The Festival of Extraordinary Arts!

Post by Beskytter » Wed May 22, 2013 6:54 am

OOC: Do we put in our entries here? Or ICly through someone?
I'm a raptor, doin' what I can, gonna eat everything till he appearance of man. Yo yo see me, I'm living below the soil. I'll be back, but I'm comin' as oil.
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Enig » Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 am

You're welcome to submit your entries at the festival itself or through the post or in person to Arael.
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Atraos » Fri May 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Just to check..

Is this still scheduled for the 8th June?

Thanks
Tortus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tortus » Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Wow. This is something I might just be able to attend. Usually events start around 3am local time.
..What's the catch?
Ynaura
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ynaura » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:24 am

Just popping in to remind everyone that this will be this weekend! Ynaura has a pressing appointment that has come up but will make all attempts to attend. She strongly encourages the Binder's bunch to dust themselves off, and make their way to the concert hall to support this. It sounds like fun!
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Enig » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:08 pm

About an hour or so until this starts! Good luck!

PS: Last minute venue change to the wedding chapel in Daggerford. Sorry! We'll have a person out there directing people to the new location if need be!
Esselwyr
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Esselwyr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 am

I am so sorry I missed this :( stupid real life issues... My character isn't a bard but her muse is a bit creative. Hopefully something like this will happen again and I will have the opportunity to make it. PS: any logs of the event being posted?
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Enig » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:31 am

Thanks for coming everyone!

We're already planning another of these, probably some time in july or august, so it'd be great if everyone who wanted to but couldn't be at this one was able to make it then!