Kelemvor's Touch/Will

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Tsai
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Kelemvor's Touch/Will

Post by Tsai » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:45 am

I have seen some deity specific spells on the game, and this would be a cool addition for Kelemvor folks. I think it'll just work as a stronger version of turn undead, and it has the ability to stun undead creatures.

And by the way, i've noticed the foe hunter feat. Can you actually set your racial enemy to undead?
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Kelemvor's Touch/Will

Post by Athon » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:21 am

I believe it would be great enhancer for the Kelemvor religion, maybe perhaps it just destroys the target undead instead?

As for foe hunter and setting a racial enemy: You pick a certain type of undead as your racial enemy, not the entire collection. For example, you could set your racial enemy as a vampire, a ghoul. a wraith, etc. I've seen this in the Baldur's Gate games, so if I'm wrong here and is used differently in FK, please correct me.

Athon
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:57 am

Racial enemy ability is a ranger only thing on this mud to my knowledge. But I've never tried setting undead as the enemy. Usually stick to things a ranger would usually encounter; orcs, goblins, ect.

N.R.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Athon » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:14 am

There is a feat called foe hunter that allows anyone who trains the feat to pick a creature as their racial enemy.
Tsai
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Tsai » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:30 pm

I think it'll be a tad overpowered if it just destroys undead targets. I think it'll just be more of a RP enhancer than a powerful spell to rule the universe. But i'm hoping it will be a stronger version of turn undead with a stunning effect with a nice echo.

The echo could be something like this:
a skeletal hand emerges from <pcname>'s hand and plunges into a drooling ghoul, stunning it!
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Athon » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:04 pm

According to the help file on turn dead, if you are high enough level over the target undead creature, you will destroy it.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:37 pm

Actually have destroyed some undead with turning using Nysan in the past.

N.R.

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Tsai
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Tsai » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:57 pm

What I thought Athon meant was the spell would completely disintegrate undead regardless of level differences. I was referring to that.
`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`
"It is not wise to wander Undermountain alone with just a mace." ~Words of Wisdom #1
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:38 pm

So....we are looking for a spell that a whatever level priest could use to single handedly poof away anything from a skeleton or zombie to an archlich or elder vampire? A spell like that?

N.R.

Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:33 am

I would say that it would merely have a better chance of doing such. It might be like taking the improved turning feat in D&D,

Perhaps like: the spell turns undead like a cleric 1 + 1 per skilllevel higher than you actually are.
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Tsai
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Tsai » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:30 am

I was referring to Athon's statement when I said no, the spell I propose is not like that. The spell I propose will just be a stronger version of turn undead, different echo, and stunning effect.
`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`
"It is not wise to wander Undermountain alone with just a mace." ~Words of Wisdom #1
Micheal
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Undead Foe-get yourself

Post by Micheal » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:20 am

In this old brown source book (you know the ones), they talked about the crypt ranger, they ranged in abandoned cemetaries and places of rest and kept them save and undistrubed, their racial enemy was undead. And if a ranger can pick celestials and demons in the new book, I don't think that undead is too out of range of reality.

Clerics of Lathander and Kelemvor used to turn as a priest of higher level, maybe that is what you are thinking about with more powerful. Or maybe you just mean cooler. Like when Micheal makes peoples blood turn to ice or when a wizard makes the body twitch after death. Something to impress the wife and family with when they are yelling at you it is time to go and you tell them the wedding will wait, this is an important RP.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men..... Godzilla.