Anaesthetics

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Anaesthetics

Post by Hviti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:24 am

I'm not sure exactly what forum this would go in but thought it might go with some sort of herb work trade.

Herbs, somewhat like those put in a bandage, which are used to deaden pain when eaten/applied. Prevent echos such as "That hurt", "That hurt alot", or "You wish your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much". Put together by ranger/druid with suitable knowledge of plants.

Uses: (soon-to-be-dead)Berserker wannabes, doctors (especially Gwain the Dentist :shock: ), Priests out of mana and trying to keep that thrashing warrior quiet (Morphine anyone?)
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:32 am

You mean, Such as making herbs and selling them for profit? To help heal wounds, help stop bleeding ect.?
Sia
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Sia » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:02 am

I believe in FR rangers and druids can make poultices and there's the usual magical healing and whatnot.. for the average Joe, however, I would guess that any sort of anesthetic would come in the form of strong liquor, a belt to bite on, and a prayer.

~Sia
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:05 am

I think the healing wounds aspect would be more bandages and things like that; anaesthetics would be more to stop the character from realizing the various signs of being hurt (not seeing the hurt echos).

Now that I think about it, might be nice for some of those Sunites, too.
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:14 am

Speaking from rp and dentistry there are certain alcohols and bashes over the head that can work just as well as anything real, how we interpret pain is up to the situation. This is just my opinion though.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:11 am

It was specifically with your bashes over the head in mind that I introduced this, Gwain. :wink: