Character Quotes

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:00 am

As a Lord of the Rings BOOK freak:

" 'In that case I am sure Gildor would have refused to explain it,' said Frodo sharply. 'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!'
'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?' "-The Fellowship of the Ring, Chapter 4

Once again proving that hobbits (halflings) value food and meals.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:23 am

Here's for you, Aegin; though from the movie *shudder* still a good hobbit mentality quote:

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Much better with the accents, but oh well :D
Caius
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Caius » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:31 pm

This wine is far too good for drinking; It should be eaten.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:05 am

For being a dentist:

"Open up wide and say AHHHHHHHH"
Sparlow

Post by Sparlow » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:01 am

Sparlow likes to whistle 'Bridge over the River Kwai' or the theme from 'Bonanza' whenever he goes on a trip. Or he'll start randomly humming, and only I know that Led Zepplin's making a guest appearance on FK. *hehehe*

Which reminds me of the time my buddy played 'Highway to Hell' at a catholic mass when they asked him to provide some background music. He played it very slowly, but it was still there. And we all laughed about it afterwards *cackles*

Er, sorry, got sidetracked there. Fave Sparlow quote, though, is 'Oh, really? Just how old do you think I am?"
For Farlor, they all boil down to an arched eyebrow and, 'That is not logical'. Mr. Spock, to the bridge please.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:26 am

Or my favorite is "You dont have to run faster than the dragon you just have to run faster than the halfling" hehehe That has happened a COUPLE of time to Gratey :lol:
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:38 am

Any Calvin and Hobbes comic strip, and any Star Control II conversation file.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:53 pm

Have you seen the Reno 911 episode "I amune to any kind of wizard persmatic spray" I just thought thats was so funny and two guys fought beacause one was doing wizards spells not of his level it was so funny
Akela
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Akela » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:09 pm

Sparlow wrote:Which reminds me of the time my buddy played 'Highway to Hell' at a catholic mass when they asked him to provide some background music.<b> He played it very slowly, but it was still there. And we all laughed about it afterwards</b> *cackles*
Who was this guy? Was his name Spencer Wright? Because my old chorus teacher told us how he did that...
Griselda The Rash, Marilyn, Brier
---He without sin casts the first stone.---
Akela
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Akela » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:11 pm

Gratey wrote:Have you seen the Reno 911 episode "I amune to any kind of wizard persmatic spray" I just thought thats was so funny and two guys fought beacause one was doing wizards spells not of his level it was so funny
Eek gads! I remember that one... Then she was like "Are you immune to mace?" then sprays it in his face... That killed me.. ^.^
Griselda The Rash, Marilyn, Brier
---He without sin casts the first stone.---