Mystran Auction

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Mystran Auction

Post by Elenthis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:31 pm

The Mystrans have some plans in the works, and like many things, plans aren't free! As such, we're going to be holding an auction to spread around some amazing things found throughout the realms! Things sold will include rare, or hard to find items, oddities of all sorts, magic items with obvious uses, magic items with...less obvious uses. Lessons, services, and my personal favorite...Mystery bags!

The date/time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... p1=68&ah=3

The auction will be held in the construction area of the Waterdeep Auction House.

This auction will have some special rules:

In short, all items will be placed in a crate/chest or other storage item for all to view. Each item will be taken in order from the item, allowing players to come and go with different characters. (Please note, that as with all Mystran events...enemies of Mystra had best be VERY well disguised if they wish to participate...and I hope your god beats you up for it :twisted: )

The auctioneer will be going uncharacteristically slow. This is so anyone who is lagging, or in an area with poor connection will have a fair chance. If anyone who is ACTIVELY bidding goes linkdead, the auction will hold for up to 5 minutes (real time). This -is- a chance for RP, and I fully encourage it between auctioned items, or while there are a minimal number of people participating. However, during the actual bidding, if there are a large number of characters in the room, please keep excess to a...not excess, so that people who are playing on phones, and tablets, or people who cannot scroll back can still effectively participate. Good form requires that you only bid what you have on your person, so keep those coins safely out of sight, but make sure that if you win, you can claim your prize, make the donation, and we can move on.

Donations of items, services, lessons etc. Can be made IC to Elenthis, or by PMing me here if you're unable to log.

Happy Bidding!
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Re: Mystran Auction

Post by Kesiel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:07 am

This definitely has the Kes stamp of approval - although unfortunately I won't be able to show my face as it's 1.30am on Monday morning, and I'm useless enough on Mondays even when I have had enough sleep!

Good luck with it!
Wenin
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Wenin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Rats!! I already have a thing planned for this time. =(
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Sincerest apologies for double-booking AGAIN! I could have sworn I checked...never the less...New time and date listed below. I made it a little earlier too. As the event -may- span several hours, I'm hoping that as our west-coast friends get out of work, they will be able to attend as well.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... p1=68&ah=3
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 pm

A time I can make. Can't wait for it.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:16 am

Some of you may have noticed that Elenthis wasn't there for the "auction". I'm terribly sorry that I wasn't, and I will be putting it on tomorrow (June 28) at the same advertised time. In short explenation, I fell off my roof during a rainstorm, in which I had to adjust the tarps to stop it from raining in my living room. (I've been in the middle of shingling this thing for almost 3 months). At first, I didn't think I hurt myself, but the next day it became obvious that I'm not half the old and fat ninja I thought I was. So...

Same bat time, same bat channel...just on the 28th instead of the 27th.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... p1=68&ah=3

If I don't see many people about, I'll do a mico-auction for those who can make it, then re-schedule. And again...my sincerest apologies, ESPECIALLY to anyone who made time, or put effort into being able to make the event.

~Jeff.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:00 pm

2 hour warning!

Please take a glance at the "special rules" before attending.
Thanks!

~Jeff.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:33 pm

30 Minute warning!
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:50 am

Longest marathon event EVER! Many many many thanks to everyone who made it! We were able to raise a huge sum of coins for the Mystran faith! And to those of you who were there from start to finish...Holy crap!

The auction went better then I could have possibly imagined, and we had a PERFECT turnout of both goodies and those with a little..."color". My thanks for everyone's good behavior, and I can't wait for the next big thing!

~Elenthis/Jeff