Where are you from?

Mele
Staff
Staff

Where are you from?

Post by Mele » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 am

It's really a small world because two players live where I was born and raised and one lives within a maybe 20 minute drive. :-) On top of that, two older inactive players lived very close when I was back home and we met up! Annnnd an old imm had lived in the 20 min radius also!

So now I'm just being nosy. :-) Which also means I'll start!

I currently live in Rocklin, CA. I have been here eight years. I was born and raised in Lowell, MA. My mom lives there still in Belvedire and teaches at the Stoklosa. My dad and brother live in Manchester. Apparently we have a handful of fkers close there!
Beshaba potatoes.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Re: Where are you from?

Post by Aldren » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:38 am

I am from Green Bay, WI and have lived everywhere from California to the Middle East and back to Redgranite, WI in the 14ish years I've been on FK.

Small worlds abound.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Atraos » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 pm

I am from Oxford in the UK, currently living slightly more central near to Worcester.
Benorf
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Benorf » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 pm

I'll jump onto this one. I'm from Fort Atkinson, (Near Madison) WI, lived here pretty much my entire life. I've encountered a few people are are really not that far away from me.
Benorf the Stout, Axe of Torm
Formyndare Mastare, Horn Guard of Yondalla
Thaien Ellbrecht, Planar Interviewer
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:31 pm

I am one of the several who live near where Mele Lived. While I'm from Port Orange FL, I currently reside in Manchester NH!

Yay!
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Ariala
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ariala » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:56 pm

I am originally from Tallahassee, Florida but just recently moved up to Wisconsin. Super big change!
Three can keep a secret if two are dead.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Birmingham, Alabama born and raised. :)
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Nimboro
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Nimboro » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Louisville, Ohio! Only know one other player from this state!
Tyeslan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyeslan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:39 pm

I was born in Central Coast California, and grew up in Northern Utah. I moved to BC, Canada several years ago.

My husband and I, who both play, actually live about 5 hours from another person who plays. We currently reside in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 pm

I think pretty much everyone knows that I'm the token Scot. :)
Born in Dundee, raised half in Inverness half in Qatar, currently live in Edinburgh which has more or less replaced Inverness as my hometown.
Emeli
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Emeli » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:30 am

Orginally from Southern California, born there.. moved to Honolulu, Hawaii by the time I was about two because my father was in the Navy(Yes.. I'm a navy brat.. Grandfather was a naval chief). Moved back to California for a few years before moving to Pennsylvania after my dad got remarried. Lived there for a few years.. then moved back to California again. Lived there until the beginning of March in 2009 and then moved up to Seattle, Washington. I now reside in Federal Way, Washington since the beginning of 2011.

Talk about moving everywhere!
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:01 am

Born and raised in Henderson, NV, outside of Las Vegas. Used to be a gap between the cities but it's melded together with all the growth it's had in the last however many years. 1.5 years ago I moved up to Portland, OR, and I'm pretty sure I'm stuck here. 1 - No car. 2 - Employer will probably buy me out again if I try to move, as they have already done so once before. :D
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Melusine
Staff
Staff

Post by Melusine » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:52 am

I've always lived in Iowa, though I've moved around a few cities here. Currently in Des Moines!
Anastacia Syria, Truescar of Loviatar
Rhangalas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhangalas » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 am

Born in Georgia, living in Georgia now, but I have migrated from here to Texas intermittently over the years... I think I have about 7-8 years total of living there. Though, if all goes well with my degree - and Georgia hasn't changed their bible-thumping ways by then - I will be immigrating to Holland.
"I have a lot of beliefs... and I live by none of them."
- Louis C.K.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:06 pm

"Now just wait a minute, Jim, you know he's lyin'. I've been livin' here all of my life. I'm a faithful follower of brother John Birch and you know I'm a member Antioch Baptist Church..."

(Glory, glory to old Georgia!)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Kesiel » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Bedfordshire in the UK here. More specifically, from the charmingly named town of Biggleswade.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Think I'm the fella Tyeslan was taking about living inside of five hours from her. Edmonton Alberta here. Grew up all over Canada though. From Cold Lake Alberta to Moncton New Brunswick (found out after I left that a goon I knew there played FK though I was playing a different mud back then). Oh small worlds.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Siria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Siria » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:46 am

I'm one of our two (?) German players. Currently living in Kempten, Bavaria. That's the south of Germany.
Romnero
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Romnero » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 am

Born in Illinois, raised all over the Chicago-land area. Spent 2 years near Donna, TX and prolly a good 4 years near Carbondale, IL. I have family all over the place tho :P but then again doesn't everyone? lol
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am

I've been from a few towns in Georgia, but at this point may as well be Wild Bill from Dawsonville himself. Work's good (for now) in the humble town, so I'll probably be here for a bit longer.
Jamais arriere.