Waukeenar Auction

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Waukeenar Auction

Post by Kesiel » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 am

Who loves an auction? The Waukeenar, that's who!

The Church of Waukeen will be hosting an auction in honour of Sornyn, probably around this time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=136&ah=3

This is, of course, subject to change - let me know if it works for you folks!

Do you have countless items gathering dust in your bags? Do you have items you want to trade but just can't be bothered with the hassle of finding someone to buy it? Well, this is the event for you!

Here's how it will work:

+ Anyone wishing to sell an item may hand it to Kesiel or Gracyn by Friday, July 25. Earlier is better though.

+ You may set a reserve price: that is, a minimum price you would be willing to let the item go for.

+ The Church of Waukeen will take a TEN PER CENT commission from any sale price. That is to say, if the item sells for ten platinum, the church will take one platinum and you will receive nine. If it sells for 100 platinum, you get 90 platinum, we get 10 etc. Monies raised at the auction will go towards expenses of food etc (which will be provided) and towards church projects.

+ If the item fails to sell or does not reach its reserve price, it will be returned to you, and you owe the church nothing.

+ Buyers may place proxy bids. For example, if Mr Evil McEvilton wishes to bid on an item, but fears Sir Doer O'Good will try to outbid him simply because of who he is, he may inform the auctioneers (Kes or Gracyn) of his maximum bid. The auctioneers will then bid on his behalf, keeping his identity confidential. Likewise, proxy bids can be used if you can't attend in person.

+ To aid with this, and to help all prospective buyers, a list of lots will be drawn up prior to the auction. This list will be posted on the noticeboard and handed out at the auction. (It will include the item names including colour codes and the specific enchantments on it. I know that's a bit OOC but I'm hoping you'll forgive me!).
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Re: Waukeenar Auction

Post by Aldren » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:49 am

Location, that I might add it to our calendar?
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Kesiel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Location - Temple of Commerce in Zass. If this is difficult for people, we can lay on transport. Probably.

Also - this Friday is the cutoff for people giving us items if you want them to be advertised in advance. (Also it helps give me time to add them to my spreadsheet, which I am compiling like an absolute saddo). If you have stuff you want to sell and haven't managed to catch Kes or Gracyn in game as yet, please do shoot me a PM and I will try to arrange to meet up with you in game. If all else fails, pitch up with your items on the day.

As a little teaser to whet people's appetites - if everything sells for its minimum reserve prices, some people stand to come away from this auction a couple of thousand plat richer.
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Kesiel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:01 am

The High Mage of Mystra, Elenthis, has offered to help with transportation from near Waterdeep's Market Square to Zazzespur. Thank you Elenthis!
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Kesiel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 pm

This starts in just over an hour. We have nibbles! See you there.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:29 am

Due to time constraints, this event was stopped about halfway though. We will be resuming the auction at the follow date and time.
Many items not sold at auction, will be available for sale at a flat rate afterwards. So please, come out and have a look and bring a full money bag!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=136&ah=3
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Just a reminder, this is only a little over an hour away!
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended these events. We had a great turn out and will make a lot of people who consigned items to us happy I think!
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:51 pm

When can people expect to receive their winnings and return of their items? I know I am not the only one waiting and it has been a month (3 weeks since the last one).

Thank you.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."