Player Status

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Player Status

Post by Bellayana » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:51 am

Hope the move goes well Siria, thoughts with you!
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:46 pm

I've been trying to make a come-back to FK. I can't make promises because toddlers are tricksy creatures.
There is a lot I have forgotten how to do, and forgot how to get into the character of some of my...characters.
Please be patient with me!
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Katheryn
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Katheryn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:46 am

I've slipped, temporarily (as always, temporary), from interest in the game.

That, and Dragon Age Inquisition releases in two weeks and I need to replay DA2 to get ready, with my weekends having been prebooked.

I'm around, so if anyone needs me or any of my other characters, feel free to PM me and I can make it so I'm about. I just won't be around as steady as I once was before.

**Edit - I just literally found the date was pushed. So I have time to start up Origins, THEN work to 2!
Just because someone stumbles and loses their way does not mean they are lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help. It is the greatest gift we have - to be able to bear pain without breaking, and it's born of the most human power: Hope.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 am

I should have posted this a couple of weeks ago, but I'm in much the same position. I'm finding it a little too hard to play currently and combined with being really busy with work, an increasing interest in politics (I know, really), and some holiday time in NYC coming up, I can't see me being around much in the next few weeks.

If anyone needs anything from me (Lirith in particular), I don't mind jumping on for that.
Syrun
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Syrun » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Ahhhh Lirith, why couldn't you come to NYC when I was living there. Hope your vacay is awesome, Have fun. Go to Moran's Pub on 10th ave between 20th and 21st ave, Great place, and it's only two blocks from Food Network at Chelsea Market.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:45 pm

also, on Bowry, there's a place called DBGB. Best burgers in the wooooorld
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Better than Paul's? Because those are pretty good.
Kesiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Kesiel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:37 pm

My presence is a bit sketchy at the moment - as well as my full time job I'm also a freelancer, and I've got quite a few deadlines coming up that I have to meet so I'm basically coming home from work and starting even more work.

That said, if people do need me for whatever reason, just give me a poke via PM and I'll make myself available.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:25 pm

I'll be visiting my brother in Berlin from Monday to Friday. If you need anything, catch me before Monday or wait till Friday.

Cheers!
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Sincere apologies for those brave few who've actually missed me lately. I have a new job, and fall/winter are our busy season. I've been putting in 14-15 hours a day most days, and 6-8 on my "days off". I don't expect this to last much longer as-is, but if anyone need elenthis, do shoot me a PM, and I'll be pleased to set something up.

Elenthis/Jeff.

P.S. I WILL be there for the Long Walk (see events) come hell or high water.
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:37 am

Elenthis wrote:Sincere apologies for those brave few who've actually missed me lately. I have a new job, and fall/winter are our busy season. I've been putting in 14-15 hours a day most days, and 6-8 on my "days off". I don't expect this to last much longer as-is, but if anyone need elenthis, do shoot me a PM, and I'll be pleased to set something up.

Elenthis/Jeff.

P.S. I WILL be there for the Long Walk (see events) come hell or high water.
I hear ya man. I'm kinda in the same position.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:17 am

This is something I've been kicking around for a few weeks now, and I guess I've really just been trying to find some motivation or inspiration to log in and play the game. Since I still haven't been able to kick myself into playing regularly, I think now might be a good time to step away. While I'm no stranger to taking breaks, I more or less feel like this might be an extended or indefinite one. I'll try and be around in the next few days to finish up some things IC, but don't expect to see too much of me in the coming months.

I wanted to just take a second and thank our wonderful staff and amazing player base. In the 12 or so years I've been here, I think now is the greatest example of exemplary staff and fantastic role-players behind their characters. FK is administrated by the greatest staff I've ever met on a MUD, and its players are the reason they continue doing what they're doing.

I wish everyone the best in life and FK, and hope some day to find a muse to bring me back to the place I've been since high school
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Aysa
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Aysa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Hey y'all...

Starting October 18th (Saturday) and ending October 23rd (Thursday)... I probably will be off-line. I have a business conference to attend, and more than likely will be without the Internet. I'll probably be going through serious withdrawal by Wednesday evening, so who knows.

Love ya!

Aysa
Siria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Siria » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 pm

I moved into my new apartment, but right now the only place I have internet is my work. That of course means I can't play at all.
I don't think anyone needs me or any of my characters right now so I guess that will not be a problem. I'll try to be back as soon as possible, but other things (like having a kitchen) are more important than internet right now.
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:13 am

Busy last two weeks in attending RL things and working closing shifts. So sorry to have been a bit absent, but my regular logging should be back per normal now. ^.^
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm moving this month and it's a lot of work for me - packing up three people by myself.

I don't think I've logged in more than an hour at the end of the night so far at all this week (month) so please forgive slowness on my end for the things I handle.

Feel free to PM me about faith events so I may give the proper attention to them as I may not notice the post.

D
Beshaba potatoes.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:19 am

Hey guys, I'm sure my reduced activity has been noticed. Just wanted to let you all know, I am still alive! I've been kept maddeningly busy lately so haven't been able to get the free time I used to have. Not sure when this will change. I'll continue to try to be around but if anyone needs me, feel free to PM me and I'll try to be on for you! I'll be continuing to try and pick my activity back up to my older levels but work/life is working hard to try and stop me.
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Danik
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Danik » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be on and off for the next month or two. My wife and I are going to be traveling around a lot and I"m not sure what kind of internet I'll have. I don't think I have any pressing business with anyone, but I"m a new player and didn't want you all to think I had given up on the game!

Thanks. :)
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:57 am

Can't talk, Dragon Age.

(With Dragon Age's release, I will likely be mostly occupied with that. I'll still be about from time to time.)

I will be scarce until mid December or so, as I have quite a bit coming up in the next few weeks (namely, going back home for Thanksgiving!), and weekend evenings are busiest at work during December/January.

If I'm needed for anything, holla at ya gurl. Otherwise, see ya 'round. ;D
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm a bit busy right now, writing my MA. That said, I'll do my darnedest to make it for the drow event on the 29th.