Adamantium

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:13 am

Not to mention the little chips of blue she stored in her amulet so she can always use her unique Drow powers and magic up above the Underdark.
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.
Villis

Post by Villis » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:40 pm

If I understood that series of books correctly, regarding the Windwalker amulet, it was mainly the amulet itself and its magic that allowed both her magic items and her own magical abilities to function fully when away from the Underdark. I suppose making a portable Underdark for her benefit.

Wasn't the Windwalker Amulet a Rashemi artifact that had those special powers because their culture is so tied to the land, spirits and the like?
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Windwalker Amulet

Post by Talamar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:45 am

To put succinctly, Yes.

The Windwalker amulet is an Artifact of the Rus, which are predecessors of the Rashemi. They use Runic and Place magic, to fuction. Usually one whom aspires to use it, must make a quest or journey, and the rune is formed in their mind through their experiences with it. They then travel to Yggradsil (I probably butchered that spelling) which is the World Tree, and carve the rune upon it to lock the magic in.

So okay, that's not really succinct, but it's an answer :)

Basically. Yeah, She put a piece of the radiated underdark in the amulet, and sealed it, so carried the magic of the Underdark with her always, thereby being able to use her drow abilities, as well as those of her drow crafted magical items.
Fayona
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Fayona » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:57 am

Is there a reson why they call it the Windwalker amulet..because I though Windwalker was somthing to do with Shaundakul. Well just a question, sorry if Im confusing. :roll:

*Fay*
-Never Deny The True Feelings Of Your Heart.
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:05 am

I vaguely remember it beming mentioned somewhere that it was titled the Windwalker, because of all the journeys/quests it'd be carried on.

I don't remember where i heard that mind you, but it sounds pretty good to me!

:)
Eriabeth

Post by Eriabeth » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:55 pm

I have a question about the Adamantite in the game: If there were dwarven adamantite in the game (I'm not sure if there is, but it has been hinted to me IC), does it decay like normal adamantite does? Or is it coded differently?