waterdeep archery

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

waterdeep archery

Post by Yemin » Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 am

Could the crossbow and bolts in the archery shop in waterdeep be made medium size?
I'm... unsure of the reasoning their large at the moment unless that was a mistake
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Kailen
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Re: waterdeep archery

Post by Kailen » Tue May 12, 2015 4:22 am

You can resize it at the same shop I believe, seem to remember doing it with mine.
“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Tue May 12, 2015 1:18 pm

True, thats how i've been temp fixing it but yeah.
Why sell them large in the first place.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Terageld
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Terageld » Tue May 12, 2015 5:03 pm

I have more of a problem with the bolts. They are made of this dark steel, which is cool, but he only makes them in "good" condition. You can use each bolt like four times before they disintegrate in your hands.
"There is nothing more invigorating than challenging the elements. The feel of wind and spray on one's face and the deck pitching beneath one's feet is the greatest feeling in the world."
And cats. I love cats.
Maetha
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Maetha » Tue May 19, 2015 9:08 pm

I also had this issue (and might've been the one who even alerted people that this was a thing) dealing with Riautar's in Waterdeep. The bolt reusage is fine, but why does he sell large crossbows and bolts? I had originally assumed it was for wizards who use enlarge person to get an advantage- but then someone corrected me that items on your person grow while you're enlarged- so...
This is the kind of thing that makes the Gods think we're fools.

Caethos- Half-Elf Red Knight Cleric
Ithaca- Wild Elf Warrior
Plathine- Human Pirate
Schezalle- Drow Executioner Rogue