Magical resize

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Magical resize

Post by Gratey » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:22 pm

How about a spell that High level Enchanters can use C "Magical resize" {object} but you have to have some metal pieces if it is a metal object or somehting just though I would put it out since Llanthyr's mend is out there
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:27 am

I like the idea but wouldn't high level transmuters only get skills? I think that would make more sense. Maybe only have to have the material type if the item is being made bigger? And if the item is being resized smaller then have no material component needed.
Fayona
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Fayona » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:01 am

Well...I dunno if anyone should get those certine skills. In my oppion that is what the taliors are there for and if wizards are able to does resizing..the poor talior would be out of a job. :)
*Fay*
-Never Deny The True Feelings Of Your Heart.
Tandria
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tandria » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:26 am

I think this is a good idea, but I agree with Telk . . . transmuters, I think, would be more likely to get the spell. It seems more like something that would be using the Weave to permanently change something, as opposed to enchanting it.

As I said, though, good idea. :)
"May your travels be Wonderful and Mysterious."
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:02 pm

I think it would be good to only be able to resize magical items with this spell as opposed to non-magical items. And to keep the capabilities of this spell limited to only one resize.
Tandria
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tandria » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:02 pm

Hmmm . . . actually, I think that magical objects would be more likely suited for a higher level of that spell. For example: A transmuter who has this spell at inept would only be able to resize simple cloth items. A transmuter at expert would only be able to resize the most basic magical items, and would be able to resize the highest types of non-magical armour at this point. At grandmaster, they would be able to resize highly magical things of high quality, such as enchanted plate and the like.
"May your travels be Wonderful and Mysterious."
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:00 am

Yes, Thats what I was talking about......Like I know the hardest thing is trying to find a armour smith or weapon maker and see if they can resize magical items which I doubt any in the game can but It would be a GREAT spell to go into the game for Transmuter would make the most sense
Mark

Post by Mark » Tue May 10, 2005 1:24 am

This is just a thought... But when your looking at changing the size of objects your looking at something more along the lines of the Enlarge Person/Enlarge Person Mass. But your changing it to Enlarge Object/Enlarge Object Mass... If you look at this it is a Transmutation spell which is level 1/4 (When there are 9 levels were taling about 11% power level spell/44% power level spell) Making them rather weak... Now when you look at polymorph/polymoph any object which is a level 4/8... So it would make sense to double the level of enlarge person for enlarge object... Making Enlarge Person (1)/Enlarge Person Mass (4) - Enlarge any Object (2)/Enlarge any Object Mass (8)... That's my two cents, and I hope it makes sense.. ^^;;;