Possible Bug With Storerooms?

This forum contains bugs which the test team think are fixed are awaiting confirmation from the initial reporter of the bug.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Re: Possible Bug With Storerooms?

Post by Aldren » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 am

I don't mean to be pushy or sound needy about this... However, has there been any progress? I am just curious, is all.

Thank you. :)
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 pm

I just logged onto Lea and Ursan and I were sharing a dwelling but it would be under Ursan's player file and there is a lot of stuff missing. There are a few storage items but most if it is gone including the chest that we are supposed to keep the money in to pay for upkeep.
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Lea and Ursan share a dwelling but it is under his player file and most of the stuff is missing from the dwelling storage room. There are a few storage containers left but most if it is gone including the treasury chest where we kept the money for upkeep. Last time I was in the storage would have been in October or November I think. It was during one of the balls that was taking place in Waterdeep. Everything was still in the storage when I was on at that time.

(if this posts double I apologize because it didn't show up when I typed it the first time)
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Re: Bug fix month

Post by Aldren » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Mask wrote:
Mele wrote:viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14705

From Oct 2011 - the issue with storerooms mysteriously emptying themselves. Causing player dwellings, and luggage storage to leave many players lacking their items.
This is a category (3). As best I can tell, this was an isolated one off occurance that hasn't happened again. I don't know why it happened, and we've spent a large amount of time trying to reproduce it with no success.

I'm personally willing to accept the fact that I lost 5000+ items so long as someone is willing to replace the renamed ones, or items that are no longer in game. The mundane, odd, and miscellaneous items do not matter to me, but the items that I'd spent over 10 years gathering, having renamed, and putting them to use as part of my character's RP are just painful to see gone. So painful, in fact, that I have a hard time logging the character affected any longer.

Please do not take this as a rant or complaint, but rather an alternative to the issue at hand. I am willing to help however needed to help test, diagnose, or fix this problem. Or see an alternative implemented to help the players and characters affected.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Two things:

1. I agree w/Aldren on replacing items that disappeared from storerooms that were either renames or the result of special rps. I can help with those if we approve that policy.

2. PLEASE fix ranged weapons and their accompanying feats. I am not referring to the use of them as melee weapons, but their actual ranges. There seems to be no difference in the distance one can shoot regardless of which feats the shooter does/does not possess.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:33 am

I would be willing to accept Lathander and Aldren's proposal to replace the most sought after renamed or quest reward items lost in my storerooms but I'd ask for coin compensation for the rest.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Again the above if, the storerooms cannot be reloaded. I failed to mention that.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm

What is the feasibility of reloading a player's pfile? Are storerooms linked to pfiles? If so, sign me up. :)
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:56 am

In the meantime, is it safe to start storing things in storerooms again? I've been meaning to ask about that. Otherwise I have not heard anything since the last post went up.

Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 pm

I hate to bother, but this is bugging me really really really badly. What's up with these? Is it possible to reload a playerfile (pfile)? If so - please reload Aldren, I hate not having anything related to his trades, crafts, or his RP readily available besides what he is wearing. This makes me a super super sad panda. :(
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Without trying to rush anyone involved, could someone please give us an update on what's happened here? I have posted a handful of posts that have not gone through and I have not received responses to - I'm quite flustered in the sense that I don't feel any attention is being given to an issue that has entirely wiped out my oldest character's entire storeroom, not to mention a few others players and characters affected. I would wholeheartedly appreciate a response, at least saying if this is on the backburner or not important at the moment, so I could have some bit of closure and move ahead. If I shouldn't expect to see my belongings returned to me, please just let me know and I will give up waiting for something that likely will not happen. Not meaning to rant here or push anyone forward to work on something that has no merit - I would just appreciate the open lines of communication.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm sorry for the lack of communication on this - I understand how those impacted must feel. I think all involved in trying to fix it are frustrated and want to be able to offer some good news, hence the silence. But here's what I can tell you presently:

1) We haven't even looked (hard) at what might be possible in terms of putting things back, because the issue that caused the problem in the first place still seems to be in play. If we put everything back as things stand currently, it is likely to recur, in which case we are just spinning our wheels.
2) We have pursued several possible hypotheses around what happened, and eliminated some of them with your help. For example, we know that some but not all of you impacted logged in over a time period in which a new versioning system was put in place (what now keeps things on the ground and in shops through copyovers). However, we still can't pin down what causes items to disappear. We are wondering if it impacts only those with lots and lots of stuff, possibly in recursive containers, in their storerooms, or if there might be one specific item you all had in common that might be responsible. We are stocking and watching storerooms on the testport to try to pin this down, but stocking them to resemble yours...not easy to do!
3) When and if we can fix the root problem and assure ourselves it is fixed, we will come back to how to set things right. At present this impacts only a handful of players, albeit very long-term and dedicated players, and Mask's time is very limited. It is being worked on, but not non-stop. I am working from the assumption that those impacted can still get along in IC life without what was gobbled up. But we have not forgotten about you.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 am

The short term answer here is that yes this is a risk for those few with storerooms. I have a viable coded solution to prevent this loss that I will install at the request of the storeroom owner, but I am not really capable of divining what you may have lost and replacing it.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Resolved by Mask.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Since there were a few mentions about this in this thread, I thought I ought to ask. Does this fix affect the secure storage, also? Meaning that we can now safely keep our things in those bags without having them disappear, or is it a fix just for dwelling storerooms?

Thanks!
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:26 pm

To my knowledge there has been nothing lost from a coded storeroom in about a year.

This includes Secure Storage, Corpse Conservatory, dwellings, temple coded storerooms (not every room called a storeroom is a coded storeroom), etc.