Player Status

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Alinor
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Player Status

Post by Alinor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:12 am

As others have mentioned, I haven't had any inspiration for making new characters but I am checking in here on the forums regularly and am looking forward to getting back to playing.
Andreas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Andreas » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Was out of town while FK etc. was all down. Home now but not really feeling inspired to play. Gonna take a bit of a break.
Helm keep thee.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm away for a long weekend from Friday afternoon, back sometime on Monday. I might look in briefly if I need to escape from the 24/7 real-life company.
Bronson
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bronson » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 pm

I've read a couple people say we can connect and start a new account, but each time I try to connect it fails. Is there a new address? Thanks to the staff for your hard work in this.
Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Skylar » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Bronson wrote:I've read a couple people say we can connect and start a new account, but each time I try to connect it fails. Is there a new address? Thanks to the staff for your hard work in this.
Not all of the Ports are in use currently. I'm not in a position to determine which are working for sure right now, but I know that at least Port 4000 is working correctly so would recommend switching to that one. I only noticed this because one of the ports I used before (got around work firewalls) is no longer working.
"Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful, but that's life."
~Kara Zor-El
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:13 pm

4000 works for everyone so far.

forgottenkingdoms.org
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Bronson wrote: I've read a couple people say we can connect and start a new account, but each time I try to connect it fails. Is there a new address? Thanks to the staff for your hard work in this.
Also, forgiveness if I read wrong, but just to be clear, new accounts aren't needed anymore. Your usual account with your usual characters should be accessible just fine. :)
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Bronson
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bronson » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks for all the responses! It turned out my client was caching the old IP. everything's works now, thanks!

And thanks Areia, you appear to be correct and my normal account is working fine :)
Thurgan
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Thurgan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Will be away on vacation until next weekend. If you need Thurgan for anything, just hang tight and plan to look for me next Sunday 5/7.
Hadwyn
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Hadwyn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 am

Are we down again? I am having trouble connecting to the game.
Vaemar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vaemar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:01 am

Apparently yes. :***(
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun May 14, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm still around just very busy
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:23 am

Very difficult and stressful season in my life right now.

I'll return in time.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:31 am

Best of luck to you! Will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Melusine
Staff
Staff

Post by Melusine » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 am

Take care of yourself, sending you well-wishes from here. :(
Anastacia Syria, Truescar of Loviatar
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Hope you get some respite soon, Drew.

I'll be sunning myself in Nice from Saturday 3rd until Saturday 10th (realistically not back until the 11th depending on whether or not I can be bothered to go and see Kraftwerk on the Saturday night).
Siria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Siria » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm

So I'm visiting my parents right now and will probably stay for about a week.
I do have internet, however my laptop is on its deathbed so I won't be able to play. I do have my phone with me though, so you can still reach me (either here or on google or facebook).

So for the next few days Siria will be in Tantras, Amira will bring some pain to innocent people and Valfein will sit in his quiet corner and hide from everyone.
Benorf
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Benorf » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:36 pm

As some people have already noticed, I've started to reappear on the mud. I've been off and on playing a new character and just idly leveling for a few months, but never more than 30 minutes at a time. But now, I believe I am finally able to dedicate some more serious time to the Mud. I've gotten a couple of PMs here welcoming me back already, and it really makes me feel like I'm returning home, so seriously, thank you everyone!

An update on my life and my absence: I was slated to take over the family business with my sister a year and a half ago. We own a non-emergency medical transportation company. I posted about it a while back, and how I was also interning to start up a martial arts school.

Since then, I realized I *really* didn't want to run a school, I'd rather just keep it as a hobby. I battled with a brief bout of depression, thanks to a series of catastrophically failed relationships, and one of our drivers rolled a bus full of special needs individuals, resulting in the death of a client.

Needless to say, it has not been a very good year. My sister and I can no longer take over the business until the accident is fully sorted out (We expect ~3 years of court dates and insurance settlements), but the bus company appears to have recovered and business is going very well. I've gotten back on track with my life, bought some new furniture & the exterior of my house is completely landscaped and looks amazing (random life bonus).

So all that being said, I am very eager to renew old roleplays. You should be able to expect to see Formyndare and Cadyf making regular appearances again, and Thaien is almost ready (finally) to release the treatise on planetouched he has been blathering about for these past few years.
Benorf the Stout, Axe of Torm
Formyndare Mastare, Horn Guard of Yondalla
Thaien Ellbrecht, Planar Interviewer
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Sorry to hear about all the RL crap. Life's been pretty awful to a lot of people lately for some reason. But it's good to see you back, man!
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
Melusine
Staff
Staff

Post by Melusine » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:23 am

For the next week I'll probably be on a little less then normal, as I'll be on vacation! It's time for the beach. :D
Anastacia Syria, Truescar of Loviatar