House of Wonder Sells to Faith Enemies

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

House of Wonder Sells to Faith Enemies

Post by Harroghty » Tue May 05, 2020 3:34 pm

Many temples prevent sales to faith enemies. The House of Wonder notably does not.

I don't have any spell casters, so I am sensitive to that. Is it sensible to block faith enemies at the House of Wonder? Does this limit access to key spells or items?
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Re: House of Wonder Sells to Faith Enemies

Post by Lirith » Tue May 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Some of the trainers in there are wizard or Mystran only. It makes sense that they wouldn’t train faith enemies, but if it’s implemented then any spells trained there should be confirmed as being available elsewhere.

The only quests open to everyone I can think of off the top of my head are Express Deliveries and making a spell pouch. There might also be a link with the School of Wonder process but I haven’t been through that in years so my memory might not be accurate.

There are no key items that I’m aware of.
Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Grenwyn » Tue May 05, 2020 4:15 pm

The School of Wonder quest chain does lead to the House of Wonder.
Kalahani Ka'uhane
Gottschalk, Witchdoctah
Jarah
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Jarah » Tue May 05, 2020 5:41 pm

I do not think they should be training/selling to faith enemies. I feel like the only thing allowed should be them coming over from the School of Wonder. When we are sure the spells that are available there have been made available to the evil little cretins elsewhere, I feel like faith enemy access to the House of Wonder should be gone.
Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Grenwyn » Tue May 05, 2020 7:01 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the School of Wonder's quests rewritten to avoid Waterdeep altogether. It might make it easier for... certain aspiring wizards.
Kalahani Ka'uhane
Gottschalk, Witchdoctah
Amethyst
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Amethyst » Tue May 19, 2020 1:16 am

Or, alternatively, an equivalent based out of like, ZK or Westgate that did the same thing, for more 'evil' races trying to be a wizard.