additional SMOTE targeting idea

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Aalandir
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

additional SMOTE targeting idea

Post by Aalandir » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:13 pm

I'm very new so I apologize if this has ever been suggested in the past. I come from a heavily enforced RP/PK mud and one of the things I had always wished they had was the SMOTE style of emoting but especially the ability to use $name for PC/NPC targeting to fill in proper pronouns.

My idea was wondering if it could be easy to code a way to target items (maybe with certain limitations, but ideally either worn or in the room, but maybe within inventory too?).

The product would be something along the lines of (and using something other than $ if necessary for coding):
smote anoints &longsword with oil that causes the blade to glisten.

Looks like:
Aalandir anoints an ordinary longsword with a leather-wrapped hilt with oil that causes the blade to glisten.
Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: additional SMOTE targeting idea

Post by Grenwyn » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:22 pm

A workaround that I use from time to time is to emote with color codes:

Code: Select all

emote anoints {70}an ordinary longsword with {30}a leather-wrapped {70}hilt {60}with oil that causes the blade to glisten.
This is pretty manual and easy to mess up, so not ideal, but it can be a good substitute in some cases.
Kalahani Ka'uhane
Gottschalk, Witchdoctah
Aalandir
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Re: additional SMOTE targeting idea

Post by Aalandir » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:45 pm

Definitely a good idea, especially if taking the time to set it into a variable that you could then pop into on the fly smotes. Which tends to be more or less my style - might have to pre build some though.