Assassins

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Legault
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Assassins

Post by Legault » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:02 pm

Not sure where to post this. though this would be a good place to start

Is the assassins guild an orgnization or accually a guild?
Do you have to be any certain race to join?

=)
Legault, Kesno, Balmek, Nezbit
Aegin
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Aegin » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:42 pm

assassins are not in the game yet, and from what I understand, the admins have decided they will not be allowed in the game.

ANd I can tell you from personal experience, there have been a few on here before that ruined that. PK is tightly controled (as it should be), and there are those who would use playing an assassin as an excuse to randomly PK people with little or no role play.
I tried to embrace my feminine side, but
it filed a restraining order against me.
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:42 am

I think Aegin hit the nail on the head with that one.

From what I've noticed, and I'm not staff so please don't take my word as it, is that FK is an RP Mud, it isn't a PK mud, though responsible Pk is acceptable.

Assassin's kill people, and PC assassins, it would follow would kill pc's. Introducing a class that focused on this would have a detrimental effect on Roleplay which is what FK strives, and mostly succeeds at generating and facillitating.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:25 am

Would it be acceptable to Rp a 'assasin' like character. But in the characters RP they only kill mobs and not PC's? I could see a weak evil hiring a assasin to take care of that pesky merchant that wouldn't sell to them... :shock:
Stayne
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Stayne » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:22 am

Telk wrote:Would it be acceptable to Rp a 'assasin' like character. But in the characters RP they only kill mobs and not PC's? I could see a weak evil hiring a assasin to take care of that pesky merchant that wouldn't sell to them... :shock:
I believe such RP is acceptable Telk. Many have turned to the Lord of Murder's servants to exact a manner of revenge, gain political or business advantages, or just becuase its better them, than you :twisted:

S.
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:09 am

I agree with Stayne. I think the RP, as long as it is kept in check, would be fine. As far as an Assasin's guild, I don't like it. It would make the game less about RP. The guild may be plausible to a point, but it would take far too much time to sort out the rules and policies to govern it. So, it's better left out of the game.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Pakur
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Pakur » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:39 am

I don't think an assassin really goes to school to be an assassin anyway. I think they're all selfmade. Sure many may have started out in a thieves guild, but it doesn't mean they went to an assasins guild to become an assassin. Just my thoughts...I could be wrong.
Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. - Napoleon Hill
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:11 pm

NO ASSASSIN PRESTIGE CLASSES. We require alot of rp for our PK's and this does not support assassination in anyway.
I would say if they do not want an advanced class assassin, they definately do not want a regular assassin class. :)

Danica
Beshaba potatoes.