Control Undead

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Stayne
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Control Undead

Post by Stayne » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:01 am

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering why Necromancers do not get Control Undead as a spell. Other than the roleplay potential, I always thought there was a Necromantic mage version of that spell?

Just curious.
S

"I don't need more power, I just need more victims"
Llanthyr
Sword Master
Sword Master

Control Undead

Post by Llanthyr » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:55 am

How does this spell work? Does it warrant you complete control over the undead? Or will it turn on you?

I have a scenario when a mob attacked me and the undead that I had with me turned on me.

Was that supposed to happen? Are there any modifiers that might reduce the chance of having your little undead friend turn on you?
Ursan
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Ursan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:18 am

Like most spells, Control Undead will have a time limit on its effectiveness

My experience with Animate Dead prior to the introduction of Control Undead would bear this out.

After a period of time, the Undead creature is no longer under your direct control

I am assuming that this is what has happened
Remember, should you encounter an angry Dragon and your only company is a Halfling...
...you do not need to run faster than the Dragon, only the halfling.

It's a wolverine, not a skunk... sheesh
Llanthyr
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Llanthyr » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:20 am

Mm. Five seconds?

It seems like as I get attacked by a mob, these creeps take up the oppurtunity to backstab me.
Nemay

Create Undead and Undeath After Death

Post by Nemay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:20 pm

I was thinking of some spells for the Necromancer that could be added such as create undead allowing necromancers to gather body parts and create an undead servant, and as for the level of the skill then that is how many servants they could have, or how strong the creature they can create. I was also thinking about a spell that is for Necromancers the follow Bane called Undeath after death. This spell actually takes a piece of the life force of the creature and currupts it and when it dies, a few min. later it comes back to life as the undead. I think that this will bring more unique power to the Necromancer guild. Just a couple of thoughts though.