Dieties full...?

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Zelfar
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Darnit diety is full

Post by Zelfar » Sun May 09, 2004 11:44 pm

Well I was reallly looking forward to following Lathander with one of my chars but I noticed it was posted that he was full. I was wondering if he still was full or if some of his followers were deleted or something. Thank you.
"Think not too far ahead, or you will dwell on things to come "
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Mon May 10, 2004 2:45 am

Far as I can tell, an updated list of the faiths and their openings is coming soon. I think things are still being looked into after the deity drive. That and theres lots on the admin to do list. Be patient and it will pop up sooner or later. Enjoy,

N.R.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Mon May 10, 2004 2:49 am

And don't forget to look at some of the more underfilled dieties, they need followers too! :)
Tazmin

Post by Tazmin » Mon May 10, 2004 1:21 pm

I alaways wondered about "full" faiths on here. It always seemed a little silly. The ones people most like to follow, Sune, Tyr, Lathander, Mystra etc etc are greater powers for a reason. They have a huge following. Followers = power.

I doubt that Tyr sits down with the other good gods and says, well, I have 52,000 new followers this year so I am going to turn the rest of them away. Can you see Cyric saying, Why no Mykrul, I don't need those thousand followers, you can have them.

On another note you can always apply to be a follower of a full faith. I did way back when and got in. Also you may want to consider that almost no one only has one god in there life, save clerics.

Say your patron is Sune, you also worship Llira and Bast. You might like Lathander for his creation aspects. It all depends on what your char sees as valuable. While you may not have your desired god as your patron, they can still be a part of your chars life.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Dieties full...?

Post by Argentia » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:03 am

Just out of curiousity, is the "Faiths that are full or in need of followers" post still applicable? Because it has not been updated in some time, so I was curious if things have changed since then. If not, then that is fine and excuse me for asking. :D But I just wanted to be up-to-date on the game balance so I can plan characters accordingly. I'd hate to pray only to find that deity is full, or not pray to someone because it says they're full, but they're not. :?

I don't mean to accuse anyone of not updating! I know how busy the imms are. Just curious if it still applies. Thanks!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:29 pm

Praying and finding out something is full when it's not listed as isn't such a big, just give it a whirl. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:43 pm

Well, I suppose not, but I'd still like to mantain the game balance.=) I've already kept a character from praying to a Deity because there are many followers in the game, and in my humble-but-loud opinion they don't need me as one more. ;) I'd much rather help out a smaller faith, and have fun with the RP in the meantime, right? :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Micheal
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Micheal » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:54 am

The faiths that don't have followers pretty true to what you see represented in the game except maybe two exceptions.

I am pretty sure Talos is full as is Selune. But if you notice online there are not alot of Gondish, it probably means that you could pray to him. If you find online that there are 18 followers of Mystra on, you should probably find another faith.

Faiths that really need followers are faiths that haven't been coded yet. Waulkeen, Talona, Torm. All the smaller dieties that don't have any real benefit or purpose.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men..... Godzilla.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:14 am

Torm?? I'm pretty sure Torm is coded; he has a high temple, a high priest, and many followers. ;) Did you mean Bane, Michael?
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:02 am

Bane was killed in the time of troubles so I am pretty sure you cannot follow him at all.
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:05 am

Bane is a listed diety that character will eventually be able to follow, when the rp of his return is brought about.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:38 am

Sorry for not being clear :) I meant that Bane was dead currently and could not be followed in any way as of yet.
Micheal
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Micheal » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:20 pm

Are you sure about Bane and Waulkeen? They still have priests and followers like all the dead gods, and if they are going to come back in the game, who is going to bring them back? They cannot bring themselves back, they are dead.

We would need someone with authority to answer that question.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men..... Godzilla.
Balek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Balek » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:39 pm

Bane and Waukeen can not currently be followed, and applications will not be accepted to follow them, as stated here: http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... .php?t=909
Last edited by Balek on Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:39 pm

Bane is raised in 3rd Edition, from Iyatchu Xvim.
Waukeen returns from imprisonment as well.

I believe the admins are eventually going to have a major RP event for both "raisings", which will involve many players, etc. Or at least, that is what I have heard several times...

Might be wrong!
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:40 pm

I belive Shari and Mele as well have talked about is before in some other post..The imms are working on a very good role play to bring them back. Though it takes alot of time and I am very sure they will let us know more when the time is closer.
-Neara-
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus