Being Faithed

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Nemay

Being Faithed

Post by Nemay » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:04 am

If a player has their Character completely finished with the quests and have done everything and have yet to have the diety approach them what would be a good way of going about that? I mean dieties are supposed to be on at least five hours a week so we must be missing them right?
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:19 am

You could send an application in and they might contact the said diety and get the all clear and then seek you out when appropriate. The important thing is that if you have finished is that you have finished and eventually what needs to be done will be. Just be patient. Everyone is busy this time of year and have real lives to contend with and have to make time to use the mud when time is available.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:46 am

And another factor could be that the said deity is on a different timezone. And therefore not on the mud when you are.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:53 am

A dEIty does not HAVE to symbol you if you are both on at the same time. There is much more to being a deity than faithing people. Also remember there is more to faithing then your quest. Sometimes they give you quests then observe rp THEN symbol. People have waited very long amounts of time to recieve symbols simply because of a convience of time.

The number one key thing in being faithed is keeping patience. If your character is true to a god, symbol or no symbol they should be showing the loyalty and keeping the same rp anyhow.

~Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Micheal
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Micheal » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 pm

Remember, sometimes it can take 3 years to finally get accepted into a faith.

Dieties play, and they do their own stuff. Whenever they log in, it is like you going to work. You sit at your desk, look around, see if anything is hinting what you should be doing. Get some coffee, find out what others are doing. Check your calender, see what you should be getting ready to do and what you did yesterday. Watch your current subordinates to make sure they are in line, check the incoming roster to see how your new subordinates will fit in. I knew a diety and he did this alot. It was very taxing.

The key, talk to other followers in the game. Handle it ICly. Maybe keep a log of good RP things you did to support your ethos and email it to the High Priest. That is what I wish followers did. I work in an organization where we write our own performance evaulations and our bosses either go yea or nea and hand it higher, it works out surprising well. Some of your best work is done when nobody is there to see it. Doesn't mean it should go to waste.

And in general I personally don't think it is a bad thing to close out characters you know you are not going to play anymore. Have them die, be dramatic. Fade to black. Open up holes for new people. If you haven't played a guy in 2 years, there is probably a reason.
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men..... Godzilla.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:26 pm

Another thing to keep in mind is that 5 hours a week is not a very large ammount of time. That is not even an hour a day. Keeping this in mind, it is quite possible that you just are not on at the same time as your deity.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Marla
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Marla » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:03 am

This is not really about being faithed but a rp issue.

Let's say your from the priest class and you are unfaithed. How should the RP be carried out?
I mean priestly spells are supposed to come from the gods. But then what happens if the god
you want to follow has yet to acknowledge you? How should one rp this?
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Marla wrote:This is not really about being faithed but a rp issue.

Let's say your from the priest class and you are unfaithed. How should the RP be carried out?
I mean priestly spells are supposed to come from the gods. But then what happens if the god
you want to follow has yet to acknowledge you? How should one rp this?
For future reference, looking around and using the search button is quite handy in answering questions. Often times you can find an answer without having to wait for someone to reply! :D

But, to save you time, check out the thread here:
http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... php?t=2942

Its nice, short, and straight to the point, and contains the answer you're looking for.

And, seeing as how you've just recently joined the fourms...

Welcome to Forgotten Kingdoms!

~Sean Vallar, Faithful Follower and Swordsman of Justice
Marla
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Marla » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:39 pm

Heya,

Thanks a bunch! :)