Anti-Continual Light

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:10 am

Addition to continual light spell.. what of just a new spell for sharites/drow/necromancers/maskites called continual darkness that removes the glow affect of an object?
+
It would be an enchantment spell...but it would also be pretty low level...I would say any guild that would get continual light.
=
Either new spell Continual dark(ness) or Cast continual light (darker/softer)
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:02 pm

Is there a ban on the continual light spell cause you all are working on it to put colors in? I was wondering cause no wizard can cast it

Thanks
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:20 pm

That is incorrect. You should ask around icly or play around icly with the spell. :)

~Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:24 pm

Oh Allright thanks Mele :)
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Continual Light - IC control?

Post by Lerytha » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 pm

I was just posting this, to resolve a small question in my mind. The spell continual light creates an (as far as I can tell) entirely permanent glow to an item. This question is just to see how much control a caster has over the light around that item, and to see if, IC, a player can smote "dimming" or "brightening" the lights.

Is that too much power away from code, or is it a feasible RP of magical power?

All thoughts welcome.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Natasha
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Natasha » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:59 am

As far as I know, the actual spell from DnD has no control over the brightness of the object. That is, it is always as bright as a torch.

Natasha
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:05 am

This was (sort of) explored here http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... php?t=2061 (Sorry if this is the wrong way to link to other parts of the board...never tried it before)...though it got more into the other shapes/other colors of cont. light. If the spell can't be dimmed, just have fun being a bug lantern :D, or buy new clothes (hopefully you haven't cast it on your amulet of communication or some other horribly expensive/one of a kind itme).
Ciele

Post by Ciele » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:51 am

You could always, y'know, put it in a pack if you don't want it to show... you don't have to sit there and wait for the wasps and mozzies to sting and bite you to death ;)