Negative Plane protection

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Velsavius

Negative Plane protection

Post by Velsavius » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:49 am

Hi was just reading the posts on Invisbility to Undead, and I remembered (I think) that in 2nd Ed, possibly 3rd also a spell called Negative Plane protection. If memory serves me correctly it did not hinder undead from seeing your character but rather gave your char a chance of shrugging off the draining efects of higher level undead. I checked through various faiths spell lists to see if it was already in game or not and didn't see it, I think this is a spell that could be incorporated well into FK and I think it would ease some of the worry for some players about entering areas of undeath. Still I throw it out there for all to think about, and to consider. :)
Adam
Velsavius

Post by Velsavius » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:18 am

Hey just me again, have since looked through my books and have read that Negative Plane protection is only a one off use spell, as soon as a life draining effect takes place the spell dissapates, whether it works or not. So though in theory the spell, as a longer lasting protection spell would be handy, the true wording of the spell would seem to dictate otherwise. Sorry bout that.
Adam
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:18 am

In this case, a correctly coded restoration spell would work better. Obviously not as a protection, but as a curative for people who have been drained in one way or another.
Cyric
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cyric » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:26 pm

Unsure which classes (if any) get this, but there is a spell resistance to drain spells.

Syntax: cast resilience <target>

This spell grants the target resistance to draining attacks. It can be
cast on others.