What is bad Roleplay?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Fayona
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Fayona » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:39 pm

Ah..very good point Danica I didnt really think about it that way, with the whole toying with emotion and everything..sorry didnt quiet think that part threw all the way.
-Fay-
-Never Deny The True Feelings Of Your Heart.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:35 pm

Looting is an art for evils. Sure taking something at would prove useful to your character is one thing. A new breastplate, a shiny sword, ect. But taking something that really really hurts the other character is an act of pure evil. :twisted: Drow taking the house insignia of a recent kill (hearing tales of how they get new ones is quite entertaining), looting faith items and ransoming them back, or the orc and hair brush example. Its an art, grabbing the first thing that grabs your eye might not be the best choice for aiding you and hurting the enemy. Hehehe,

Enjoy,
N.R.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:36 pm

Is there a rule about taking amulets of communications? Or more generally, items that you have the sole intention of selling? I think that is what made me upset in the first place, seeing so many amulets of communication for sale in Waterdeep.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:13 pm

I didn't know corpse looting was logged! That's something of a relief to me. Thanks, Mystra.(And all the other imms too!) Keep up the good work! :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Legault
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Legault » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:51 pm

As with horses, killing them is very much ic, and allowed is my guess, but killing horses Icly, comes with concequences Icly.
:twisted:
Legault, Kesno, Balmek, Nezbit
Tretch
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Tretch » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:09 pm

Legault wrote:As with horses, killing them is very much ic, and allowed is my guess, but killing horses Icly, comes with concequences Icly.
:twisted:

This is true.....often it gives you a shot at the owner as well in a short period of time. lol

Nothing that will send someone flying across the world in more of a frenzy that the words, "A black horse stops following you."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jake
A young male human looks at your claw, his eyes widen, "Wha-what is that on your claw?"
You look to the claw, stopping abruptly
You yell, "Git et off! Git et off!" and begin to hop up and down, shaking your hand,
voice turning to a girlish scream!
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:34 pm

I need to step in here. While killing someone's mount is allowed, it must be accompanied by very good rp. It falls under our PKill rules and does not allow for looting of the entire corpse. Only one item. Also be OOC considerate of the real player. If a player has spent precious glory getting a rename for their mount, take that into account. Also, if a mount is in a non-coded stable (like those in/near Hartsvale), treat it as if it is stabled.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Tychina

Post by Tychina » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:56 am

A question I have had for a while, could one go to killmode stun/spar etc, and knock the animal out, and just rp they killed it? I mean, would the animal recover as a pc does, or would it die anyway?
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:04 pm

It would recover...

Personally, if someone killed my horse, especially the one I have renamed I would hunt them down and more than likely kill them in retribution.. without taking their corpse to a cleric..

It would piss me off something rotten basically..
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Tychina

Post by Tychina » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:14 pm

Even if, in the spar/stun mode, you managed to sever a limb? Will 1. the animal not bleed to death? 2. can its limb be regrown by a priest like a pc's can?

I can see someone with a beloved pet/mount role playing asking/begging/paying a priest to regrow a lost limb for their beloved companion. Granted, it would probably have to be a pc priest I think, but is it doable?
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:43 pm

Help killmode:
killmode stun: Non-Lethal combat, combat will occur without pauses
after each action. You will continue combat until one combatant is
stunned (unconcious) or flees. Limbs can not be severed and death
can not be caused by excessive damage to a vital area.

killmode spar: Non-Lethal combat, combat will occur with a pause
after a combatant does an action (a round). Limbs can not be severed
and death can not be caused by excessive damage to a vital area.
It was a great thought, the RP a pet's missing limbs, but sadly I don't belive its possible without risking death via Killmode Kill (or nofight)....

~Sean Vallar, Warrior of the Even-handed