Heavy Armor

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Heavy Armor

Post by Cret » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:50 am

Im wondering what faiths alow their priests to wear heavy armor, more so: Does Yondall let her little halflings wear it?
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:26 pm

Yondalla allows heavy armour.
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:51 pm

http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/guilds/guilds.shtml

If you click on each of the faiths, it will give you a list of allowed skills/spells/ect. At the bottom of each is the allowed armor weight, some will say "armor proficiency ( 3)" others will say "armor proficiency ( 2)" 3 means heavy, 2 means medium. :D

EDIT: It seems Mielliki is the only diety to have 2, and Chauntea does not seem to allow armour at all according to that list. Hmmm, is it accurate?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Heres a little list from going off the website, all faiths allow heavy armor except for these:

Chauntea - None
Mielikki - Medium
Selune - None
Helm - None
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:03 am

I think that a few may be innacurate, as I just couldn't see helm not allowing his priests to wear heavy armour :shock:
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:16 am

Helm, though I am not sure allows his followers to wear platemail. Some of his templeshave an ancient and heavy suit of the armour as a shrine in the centre. I could be wrong though, or it might be through fury and seal that the power of armour is felt for Helmites and they overcome handicaps and grasp the strength of their personal arms and become hence more powerful than ever before...or I could be wrong.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:18 am

I agree, Gwain, but as I said, thats going off the website.
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Jadom
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Jadom » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:07 am

Unless something changed since the last time I used Adamus, Helm does allow heavy armour. I actually had to ask Mystra about it after he was faithed because the third rank didn't pop up.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Selune's faith is not disallowed heavy armour. They even get three armour proficiency points.

Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 am

Website update, anyone?
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Balek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Balek » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:09 am

Website update, anyone?
You could volunteer your services so that these updates could be made to suit your schedule.

It's important to remember that the maps, skill lists, and all other resources are provided as a service to you. They are a convenience. No one's making you read them.

The key here is that they're giving you a lot for free and you're whining about that. Think about it. The bottom line is that we don't need to have the message board cluttered with childish little jabs like that.
Ursan
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Ursan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:48 am

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Balek, but I think you may have worded them a little strongly.

It's probably just as impolite to turn what could have been a simple 'Hmm, the Imms are kind of busy you know, maybe you/we could offer some help there?' into a sarcastic name-calling instead.

The Imms ARE busy, and I saw exactly what kind of work Sharni had to put in the last time she updated the website. So let's keep the forums to what they should be and not add more work for the Imms tidying up after such posts.

The forums are a place players can get information or guidance which they may have missed or not have access to and somewhere to have a friendly discussion about an idea or problem we've had. Me, I like it like that :)
Remember, should you encounter an angry Dragon and your only company is a Halfling...
...you do not need to run faster than the Dragon, only the halfling.

It's a wolverine, not a skunk... sheesh
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:59 pm

I was not whining in any way, honestly.

I was giving information off of the website in response to Cret's post and when it was proven wrong by the ensuing posts, I was merely reminding people that the website might be wrong and that mistakes can be made on it.

You lashed out at a simple statement, its known and understood im sure that the imms are quite busy and im not directing my comment to them in any way, Sharni did an amazing job on the last website update and in all the work that I know took a long time, mistakes can be made.
Gwain raises an eyebrow.