Help Isolrem!

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Questions about Paladinhood

Post by Isolrem » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:27 am

Hi all, I finally made it to the forums :) I'll try to cooperate here, but first I have a few questions:

1. If I have an IC story to tell about my character, can I post it here?
2. Tyr has never logged on to confirm my faith, I don't know the standard procedures or if it usually takes this long (it has been roughly a bit more than a month). Sir Aedwyn said not to worry about it, but...
3. After I made Isolrem, I tried some new chars, and realized how bad my stat roll was for Isolrem (I had powerful str, healthy con and tactless cha, average the rest. The next char I made had powerful str, smart int, clever wis, durable con, limber dex and average the rest, my third qielded titanic str, brilliant int, lucky lck, clever int, healthy con and avg the rest...) Can I do anything about this?

Thanks
Last edited by Isolrem on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:00 am

1. Hmm... Really, I don't think so. If you want to tell your story, tell it to people IC! Sometimes people will actually sit down with you and ask where you came from. Its rather nice to have a story all planned out to tell them. :D (But don't quote me on this... I could be wrong)

2. Tyr doesn't seem to log on much... But like Aedwyn said, don't worry. People have waited, literally, months to get faithed. Be persistant (rather, patient. He'll get word you want to be faithed, one way or another), and if he still can't be on the same time as you to faith you, maybe the High Priestess will do it.

3. No idea here...
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:04 am

seems theres a story board, but then again also seems mystra is the only poster there...
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:09 am

Thats because it is restricted to who can post there...

(See http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... .php?t=415)

If you want something posted there, send it to journal@forgottenkingdoms.com... But read that page first.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:10 am

Only Mystra can post in the journals. You need to email things to her to get them posted. Wait on her word on exactly where as I cannot remember.

Being faithed requires patience. As for when immortals do or do not log, you will never know. They do not exactly come sit in MS. As someone who plays a high priestess, I can tell you that immortals are in contact with their questers all the time. It can take months to be faithed.

Please don't post your stats on the board stat per stat. :) As for changing them, the only way you can do so is with stat points. You roll what you roll. :)

Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:26 am

I have a feeling this character was made during the "time of troubles" of chara creation. That is, when it was half-changed to match the new creation system and everyone was getting very poor roles. However, I'm not sure what can be done about this. Just do your best with the stat points would be my suggestion. =) I know I never know what to do with them all!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:58 am

ah well :) i guess ill stick to what I got.

What is with the counting of swords, obviously they are a status/experience rating, but apart from 5 being very elite players / immortals and 0 being coomplete newbish I can't determine what the others mean (maybe it was written somewhere but I missed it)

or is it based on number of posts?
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:05 am

The swords are how often you post on the boards. As you post more they go up.

Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:39 pm

Just be patient. It took Algon over a year real life from time he prayed till the time he got his symbol. So I will repeat "Dont worry" Good things come to those who wait. :) And welcome to the game!
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Help Isolrem!

Post by Glim » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:11 pm

A word of advice that an old FK grandmaster told me:

Dont get discouraged, good things come to those who wait.

Have fun!

EDIT:

Woot! 250th post! Five swords! Now *I* am an FK grandmaster! ;)
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:57 pm

k, thx all!