Rope Use

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Milia
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Milia » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:02 pm

Zuldere wrote:I have seen this on othere muds it involded first off rping it than more than likely have to knock the person out than the code would let you cuff them once cuff they automaticly follow the person that cuff them they can not attack or flee. Downside it would take time to code it.
I agree, and it would take alot effort to accomplish something like that own your own. First you'd have to knock them out, and well drag or shove them to a court. It can be done, but it will take alot of effort.
Who put the moon out?
Tretch
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Tretch » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:51 pm

On a side note.....

I do like the idea of being able to do stuff to people when they are "stunned". Such as binding their hands with rope, cuffs, etc.

The no attack and force follow adds to that and I think it would be fun. Make it a timed event though.....don't want it to be permanent :P

Could have the rope be timed...and cuffs need a key, but only give out cuffs to higher authority figures (watch, knights, etc).

That could add some interesting rp :P

JAke
A young male human looks at your claw, his eyes widen, "Wha-what is that on your claw?"
You look to the claw, stopping abruptly
You yell, "Git et off! Git et off!" and begin to hop up and down, shaking your hand,
voice turning to a girlish scream!
Exer
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Exer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:01 pm

This idea has been discussed here. Maybe we could revive it :)

http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... light=rope
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:41 pm

Some people might already know this if they are builders they might have seen my name on the list of current projects. For those that don't know, I am building a dungeon....... specifically the dungeon for Waterdeep. The reason I bring this up is because I have been waiting for this topic. I could never figure out how to suggest it myself or I would have. I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! sorry. I promise that if someone can figure out how to code this, the waterdeep dungeon will use it.

Anyway.... If you use rope to bind someone the character being binded should get a escape check after a certain ammount of time. There are two skills in d&d that I am thinking of. Escape artist and use rope. They could be apposed checks. When you tie up someone you use the use rope skill. And then the other guy who has just been tied up should get an escape artist check after a certain ammount of time.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:09 am

Just for the record, I believe I saw in the Core Rules CD-ROM 2.0 that you could get double-jointed as a feat? I think, that would also allow escape from ropes and chains both...
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.