Connection and zmud difficulties

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Tychina

Post by Tychina » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:44 am

awwww poor lathander :( *gives him chicken soup and oj*

weirdness, I posted this before I went to work, I just came home, and came to forums and it isn't doing it any more.. very odd, but I won't argue with it :D
Yboesh

Multiple logins for forums?

Post by Yboesh » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:04 pm

I have a question perhaps someone could answer. I have several chars and wondered if it would be a good idea to register into this forum with more than one of them, I:E: 2 or 3 tops. Reason I ask is, some of my chars are of the not-so-nice alignment and I have noticed, when IM'ing with ppl, that if they find out one of the not-so-nice ones, they sometimes get a bit...upset. I will welcome any response, and always, thanks. :)
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:17 pm

This is a ROLEPLAYING game. You are not of the "not so nice" persuasion. So IMHO unless you are trying to keep it a secret that you are behind the player, dont worry about it. Without evil the world would be very boring.
My two cents.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Milia
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Re: Multiple logins for furoms?

Post by Milia » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Yboesh wrote: Reason I ask is, some of my chars are of the not-so-nice alignment and I have noticed, when IM'ing with ppl, that if they find out one of the not-so-nice ones, they sometimes get a bit...upset.
In RL some people don't even know who you are, or how you act, they just know you from the game. So based on first impressions they get from one of you not-so-nice chars, they might judge your responses based on what they know about you from the game. Maybe you should just stay registered under Yboesh, and in your signature put the characters you play, like most of the people on the board. Just a suggestion hope that helps.

Milia
Who put the moon out?
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:47 pm

Remember that the forums are completely ooc and do not concern ic situations and relationships in the game. There are several accounts on the forums that deal with more than one character though they are used by the same user. I think that it was mentioned that as long as the character existed mudwise and you had another email to connect it to then you could have another account based on that character if you wished.
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:50 am

I have not noticed a problem with multiple forum logons, I know of several people who do it.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:36 am

This was my first question when I got to the forums. :D

Here is the link, with mystra's ruling as the last post.

http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... .php?t=726
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:54 am

Don't be ashamed of who your are or who you play. Your characters are a part of you. If someone doesn't like one of your characters, thats really their flaw. I'm quite pleased with and proud of all my characters, even the unpopular ones, and would not try to hide them from anyone. I spent too much time and effort into my characters to discredit them just because some one on a forum somewhere doesn't like evils or whatever. But thats just me.

N.R.

Characters: Nysan Rizern, Gilain Orebearer (the great snake thing killer), Reece, Noxev, and Vear. Got a few others, but they are 'work in progress' characters. Love me, like me, hate me, ignore me. At the end of the day, I'm still me. :)
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.