Addition of new guilds to building

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Velsavius
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Addition of new guilds to building

Post by Velsavius » Tue May 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Hey there just a quick question..
As I've only just started an area and obviously that means it will be many months away from being added to the game, what is the go with the barbarian class. My area is one that is in the FR Underdark manual and one of the main chars for that area is a Barbarian.
To put it simply, my question is, should he be coded as such or leave him as a fighter even though by the time it gets to game the barbarian class my be a valid coding option..
Please ignore my ignorance if it already is :wink:
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue May 03, 2005 3:30 pm

Leave him as an unguilded warrior, not fighter. Once the barbarian guild is in, he can join that. It's like fighter/ranger. Once you choose fighter you can't guild elsewhere.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Tue May 03, 2005 6:01 pm

Er... I think Velsavius is speaking in reference to a Mob, not a Player Character... A lot of resources on popular locations include NPC stats, so DMs don't have to invent them on their own. I belive that Velsavius's location has such an NPC in the description, but his class is Barbarian instead of Fighter. The class, however, is not on the class list on the builder's lessons section, even though I recall it being mentioned being coded already (just not joinable, as the guild area isn't complete yet).

Now, would it be allowable to set the mobs class as barbarian (by asking what the class number is) (because he is assuming that his area will not be in before the Barbarian Guild is, so once his area is in it WILL be an allowable class)? Or should he just set it as a fighter?

Then again, that is my interpretation from what he is saying. So sorry Velsavius if I'm wrong :(

~Sean Vallar, Faithful Follower and Swordsman of Justice
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue May 03, 2005 7:46 pm

Eh, you right. Me wrong. Thought he meant PC.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity