A AFFECT_ dual wield and disguise

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Solaghar
Staff
Staff

A AFFECT_ dual wield and disguise

Post by Solaghar » Fri May 13, 2005 9:37 pm

I'm wondering if we could have added to the game new flags for items that could do A_AFFECT for the dual_wield skill. I'm also wondering if it might be possible to code a flag altogether that would grant the use of a skill no matter whether the person has been trained in it or not. For instance, an item like a cloak of shadows, instead of merely applying a hide bonus of 5 which is useless to those who don't have the hide skill at all, what it would do is grant a hide skill of 5 altogether, which would be removed when the object itself is removed. A highly magical item could easily transfer use of basic skills in certain areas, like hiding, disguising, dodging, etc... but you might not want the person to have any knowledge of the skill without the item. It would open up a lot of new and useful items and remove some of the desire for players to get non-class skills trained. It would have to be possible that while wearing the item, you could not actually train the skill higher. Another possibility would be a command that unlike mppractice, which can only increase a skill to a certain level, this could actually set a skill to an exact level, and would reduce the skill back to the original level when it is removed.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:44 pm

I would like to, if I could, request a new apply flag, A APPLY_DISGUISE
This would add/subtract to the disguise skill. Is this possible/allowed?Thank you in advance. :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Tyr
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tyr » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:04 pm

APPLY_DUAL_WIELD and APPLY_DISGUISE added.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:22 pm

Thank you for adding it. =) Now, is there a way to keep FKbuilder from saying it's a bug? Or will I just have to change DISGUISE to something else whenever I check for errors? Thanks again.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.