PC sponsorship of barbarian guilds

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

PC sponsorship of barbarian guilds

Post by Kregor » Wed May 11, 2005 9:40 pm

Working on an area where I would ultimately like to have a barbarian guild for Wood and Wild elves. As I was told via the builder's email, it would be preferable to leave the entryway indicated and have a PC sponsor and build the guilds IC.

Now, since we do not currently have barbarian guilds, there are no guilded barbarians. This poses kind of a chicken or the egg situation. Can another warrior class PC sponsor said guild's construction and leadership, even though said PC is not a barbarian themselves?

How will we be ICly handling barby guild building, and their IC sponsors?
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Beshaba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Beshaba » Wed May 11, 2005 9:44 pm

As I understand it, it is expected that someone would begin as a warrior and RP the building of the guild, thus they would be the first member of the guild.
Ellian
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ellian » Mon May 16, 2005 9:16 pm

Llanthyr's player recruited me to do the code for him when he applied to build the barbarian guild. He and I did some brainstorming and came up with some cool ideas before he had to cancel the project due to real life reasons.

I'm still interested in doing the code half of the project if someone wants to roleplay the character and write some descriptions.

Jayson