Medieval Politics, Armies, Nobility... a grand suggestion

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sat May 28, 2005 5:55 am

For the rangers scouting out armies, would rangers just be able to 'tell' when an army was within a certain radius of rooms from them (noise, etc. (even though each room is 30 mi)) or would they have to cross the path the army took (which I'm not sure could be coded to leave a path) to tell that a massive force passed? It would make sense to me that they wouldn't have to be constantly looking N/S/E/W or walking into the same room...they are trackers so they can tell when a large group goes by (ala Aragorn telling that the orcs quickened their pace by listening to the ground in TTT movie)
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Mon May 30, 2005 4:45 am

Yeah I think a ranger should be able to spot and track an army on the move by their train, it should be very obvious. I think depending on the terain a ranger should be able to spot an army in advance. If a ranger is standing on a hill and an army is marching through the vally below he should be able to see it.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.