"Death Bloom"

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Jethro

"Death Bloom"

Post by Jethro » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:14 am

It would be like a death bloom but only affecting the undead, so it would be a skill for most Kelemvorites. It wouldnt need to kill the undead first hit, maybe if you are GM at it then thats possible, but more like weaken the undead bring their health down alot, it would be a hitall kind of spell where all the undead in the room are affected. Or maybe if you lock on a single undead it will kill it? Of course it wouldnt do instant kill a powerful lich, even if you were GM, but it could atleast take a toll on the liches health.

Thanks,
Jethro
Arathin
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Arathin » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:35 am

Personally, I see this as being extremely powerful. Perhaps too powerful for its own good.

As for it being Kelemvorite only, why not make it available to evil deities, as they also delve into the death portfolios (esp. Bane and Cyric)?

Great idea, but should not be an area affect (too powerful) or reduce MOBs down to 20% health (still too powerful). Not, of course, unless it is very, very, very sparsely trained (i.e. an avatar of the God) and should require at least a cherished favor. Other than this, I think it can be tweaked to suit FK just well...

Player of Aldren Fellmane
Sometimes you gotta prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying. Sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.
-Sin City, By Frank Miller
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:17 am

Sounds to me like an area-effect turn undead. Which I agree would be quite powerful and if it was added, would have to be a very high lvl on a kelemvorite priest's spell list.

Oh, and isnt there an improved turn undead type spell that some clerics get?
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Natasha
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Natasha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:49 am

Extra Turning is the feat I think you're thinking of. And as for the way 'Death Bloom' is described, I am pretty sure that this is the way that 'Turn Undead' works in the code. If you're a high level Priest it will kill the undead if they are far lower a level than you, and flee otherwise. Or not flee, if it's unsuccessful.

Aside from that, even though it is a good idea, Turn Undead is one of those things that Clerics mostly have, and I don't know what reason you would have to turn it into a faith skill. Not every Kelemvorite fights Undead in the way of Clerics.

Natasha
Jethro

Post by Jethro » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:18 pm

I realise that it may have been TOO powerful, but yes it can be tweaked a bit. Perhaps not a hitall and maybe it could be more along the line of stunning the undead for a little while even perhaps causing some damage later on, but for low levels it could stun the undead and the higher level or better you get at it the longer they will remain stunned?

Sorry if thats already a spell, but if not that way it can still be changed to be more suitable for FK.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:02 pm

Hmm, I would think that, and would like seeing instead, a mass stun undead spell would be much more useful and not nearly as powerful.
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:40 pm

or Better yet a mass hold spell, I don't know about being able to stun the undead, or even a mass flee spell triggered to undead.
Jethro

Post by Jethro » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:07 pm

Yeah that would work as well.. Just a spell affecting the undead.. I like the Hold spell idea, Gwain
Natasha
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Natasha » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:30 am

I think that this spell would be a good addition to Necromancers, as well. Make our list closer to the others in length :twisted:

Natasha
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:54 pm

Help Files wrote:Syntax: cast 'sound burst' <victim>

This spell blasts the victim with a tremendous cacophony. The target
takes damage in the form of sonic damage, in addition, the creature
struck is temporarily stunned and unable to act by the burst of sound.
So something similar to that but for undead?
Jethro

Post by Jethro » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:05 am

yeah something alot like that, maybe it would affect more than one undead the better you are at the spell? Or just work better on a higher level undead?