Change of Race

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Legault
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Change of Race

Post by Legault » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:23 pm

With EXTEME amounts of Roleplay, is it possible for somone to change race? Like mayhaps a half-elf wants to be a human because of a recent event. Some kind of racisim against his race. Is it possible for them to do a long and tiring quest for a god to have thier race changed?

Note- I didn't know if I could put it in the race forum, because there was no general race thingy.
Legault, Kesno, Balmek, Nezbit
Natasha
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Natasha » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:26 pm

On the other hand, you could always get your race changed to a toad or something by really making a deity angry. It has happened before.

:twisted:

Natasha
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:05 pm

On a side note, what if we made a character before the character creation and he is say, for example, a normal elf, and we wanted to get him changed to a sun elf. Thatd require an application, yes?
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Beshaba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Beshaba » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:19 pm

That is not being done. The coders and builders are currently working on an automated solution to handle that sort of thing, but as it would take a massive ammount of paperwork and effort to do it manually, it is simply not practical to do so.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:12 pm

The old elves all had search, listen and (especially) sneak at GM, while these are not as available to most of the new elf races, and sneak especially is largely unacquirable. Is there a reason for this?
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:21 pm

Isolrem wrote:The old elves all had search, listen and (especially) sneak at GM, while these are not as available to most of the new elf races, and sneak especially is largely unacquirable. Is there a reason for this?
They did not get those skills at GM.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:47 pm

I'm not actually sure what you're saying is correct. I don't remember my elf having listen or search already trained. However everyone gets both of those skills in the lists automatically. As far as it goes if there are changes to the skills available for our new defined elves:
Before all elves were elves. Now elves are better defined. Not all races of elf are going to get the skills that the general elf did. The great part of the new races is to not make elf just a general race but to define each elf race. I think it's pretty logical. :) It's not very hard to train skills. If you want something for your characters it comes with work, rpwise and skillwise.

The staff who codes do not just pick and choose what they give each race. I believe they are taken right from Races of Faerun and adhere to 3rd ed standards. Of course, I could be wrong on where it comes from, but the bottom line is it is not random. :D

~Danica
Beshaba potatoes.
Talamar
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Talamar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:28 am

To the best of my knowledge, as the guy that wrote most of the helpfiles for the new Races, that indeed Danica is quite correct. The information was taken directly from Races of Faerun.

While their skill sets and stat bonuses and negs, most likely have been adapted to better suit the FK enviornment, for the most part, they all do conform to 3rd ed standards.

-Jeff/Tal