Drizzt Wanna-bes

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:44 pm

I was merely pointing out that half-drow could live in certain societies and blend in with little difficulty, and not look like a total outsider so different to make people say " Oh thats a drow! kill it!"
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Timaeus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Timaeus » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:48 pm

I agree Kirkus, and no one should just see a half-drow (or any race for that matter including half-orcs) adjective and then immediately become aggressive. Take time to look at the characters description, pose, and equipment. You may not even be able to discern the race at all depending on what they are wearing. Especially if they are wearing maskshoods etc.
AKA Tycho, Lamorak, Kayne, Uthric
Athon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Athon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:30 am

One of my drow was on the surface due to a a long-term RP to increase activities between the underdark and the surface. In such, I was playing my drow as to hiding in the shadows of a sewer.

However, I still had people say, "Look, a drow!" despite my pose being something like: 'Diszaxl hides in the shadows, wrapped tightly in his robes so that his race is undetectable.' In reality, they would have no way of knowing I'm a drow but it is near-impossible to enforce this in the game. Basically my point is a reiteration of what Timaeus said: People just ignore things like pose, equipment, and other factors and just immeditately jump to assumptions and must be fixed in order to enhance the RP between the variety of races.
~Vanguardier Athon, High Priest of Torm~
~Moranall, Fighter of Waterdeep~
Wenin
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Wenin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:16 pm

It would be cool for non-rogue type characters to be able to "hide" in that they sit in the shadows and are difficult to identify the person... but not impossible to spot.

IE: Athon would have only been seen as "A humanoid is cloaked in darkness standing here."

That'd be pretty spooky as well.

Also it would be cool if this expanded Rogue's abilities as well.

If they hide, and fail, they aren't invisible... but they still come off as "hidden" as they would be.

Though the command has to be something different than the Hide command, to allow rogues to purposely only partially "hide" themselves.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:01 am

Re Wenin's post (which might make a good starting point for a new topic),
there was a post in spells:
http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... php?t=4117
which had the same kind of idea as your hide skill (except not a skill).