Taunt

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Travis
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Taunt

Post by Travis » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:34 pm

I was recently in an RP where I said some nasty things in order to provoke a fight, and I thought it would be a pretty nifty idea to have a skill that would do this with MOBs. What are all you people's thoughts?
Jerigo
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Jerigo » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:02 am

My immediate reaction to this is that it could have some potential as a means for getting into a fight with a mob without guards or soldiers coming for your neck.

Just giving it some brief thought I could picture this getting out of hand if used improperly. It's a little outrageous to think of someone running through Waterdeep provoking fights and leaving a trail of corpses in his wake without any consequences.

Maybe if the point is to initiate combat without putting yourself at odds with the law (and perhaps I'm wrong in assuming that that is in fact the point) then failure in the skill could be considered a crime of its own. If your taunts are not successful perhaps the target would choose to simply report your hostility to a guard. Or a failed check could still initiate the fight, but since you did a poor job of subtly provoking the fight any lawmen who enter the fray know that you are to blame.
Travis
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Travis » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:14 am

I really like that idea. After I made the post I started thinking about how people would probably misuse it and I couldn't think of a way to prevent that from happening, but that works quite nicely. Kudos to you.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:00 pm

In some games a successful taunt means that the target would not be able to flee for being too angry.
Chars: Aryvael et all.