New fight echos

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:16 pm

I personally love the new fight echos... With the exception of the smiling part. I'd suggest switching that part back to the good ol' classic "You dodge a big bad smelly ogre's attack" and "A big bad smelly ogre dodges your attack"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:17 pm

Hrm, well, it doesnt really bother me, at all. But since a smile bothers so many other people how about:

You can feel the wind from <target>'s missed attack.
<Target>'s attack flies by, barely missing you.
<Target>'s attack almost hits you, but fortunately misses.
The attack of <target> goes wild, easily missing you.
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:47 pm

Good work Glim! Any and all suggestions for the fight echoes will be considered!

Martin
Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Glim wrote: <Target>'s attack flies by, barely missing you.
Not to nit pick Glem... but since this started by nit picking by me.... i'll go for it

if it "barly misses you"... then it hit you... but just barly...

it is a common phraise said by all... i once heard on the news

"two planes bearly missing, scaring crew" well if they bearly missed... there would be no crew to be scared!!

sorry if i do not make since... or spell bad... i'm tired... and only 4 hours down and 8 hours of work to go!!!
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:02 am

Er, doesn't "Barely Missing You" mean "It missed you, but just barely"? So it indeed DID miss, but it almost didn't.

Dictionary.com defines Barely as:
adv. By a very little; hardly: could barely see the road in the fog.

So thus, barely being able to see means you can see, but only by a small margin... No?
Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 am

maybe in my tired state i mistaked "bearly" with "nearly"

*Ponders a bit but falls asleep while pondering*
Gidan

Post by Gidan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:25 am

I like the sounds of the barely misses, or the reverting back to the old version. And some of you took my post wrong, as far as fight echoes go I detest the new ones, there is a lot more to Fk than going out to bash stuff like crazy. So I apologise to anyone who did take time to code in the new echoes only to have me say they are terrible. :(
Paskry

Post by Paskry » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:30 pm

Since it got such a wonderful rise out of Oog last time:

Paskry's thrust skewers Oog's leg.

(instead of nearly removes):
Oog's punch wrenches your arm oddly
Oog's punch shifts your innards with his punch. (abdomen)
Oog's chop leaves a gaping wound in your head. (although I do think that such a blow would normally stun/daze/knock out the opponent)

Hmm... I will add to the list as I think of them.

Paskry
Forgoil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Forgoil » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 pm

Seriously... If you were in your characters shoes, would you rather get hit or dodge an attack. Personally I would rather dodge and smile in satisfaction and knowing that I was able to move out fo the way from an incoming attack. Personally I like it better than the old one. It gives it more vibe if you know what I mean. Unlike the old nad dodge and do nothing sucha s smiling.
Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:15 am

Forgoil wrote:Seriously... If you were in your characters shoes, would you rather get hit or dodge an attack. Personally I would rather dodge and smile in satisfaction and knowing that I was able to move out fo the way from an incoming attack. Personally I like it better than the old one. It gives it more vibe if you know what I mean. Unlike the old nad dodge and do nothing sucha s smiling.

Not for a charactor that DOES NOT SMILE! ... that is YOUR charactor...

but gwain put a good post regarding this... he said smile on the inside... i now think of it this way and am quite content