Quest Suggestion

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Quest Suggestion

Post by Mariela » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:00 am

Maybe it's just me...

But if youa re supposed to deliver something to someone, wouldn't it be really helpful if the quest log or even the note you are supposed to deliver has who it goes to on it? I mean like printed on the note? Especially for that first quest your character goes through?

I am not a huge note taker, I will admit it. But even the note says, "Take it to it's intended receipeint" Well.. why couldn't it have said, "To George the Baker"

Sorry. I'm stuck as my alternate character, cause I can't figure out wher ethe note from teh weaponsmaster goes in Silverymoon. If anyone can help me out, that'd be peachy.

Lots of love,
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:31 am

Small hint: Which base class are they? That's all I'm going to say, since it should be found out IC, but that's not giving you enough to destroy the quest for you, I don't believe.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:01 am

I feel like a complete and utter idiot.
I still have had no luck.
I've even tried to give it back to the weapon's master in hopes of getting it tossed back at me and told to take it to bleh..

I am sorry. I am not figuring this out.
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Theillik

Post by Theillik » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:51 pm

I always try to ask people IC, in the game, how to do quests. I ask them questions about where certain people are and what they might want or something related to the quest. It creates fun rp involving other players.
Zach

Post by Zach » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:58 pm

Yeah... if you forget what they said...or are using telnet then you are totally messed... i feelfor you... i have a char that does not have the amulet because I have not returned it because i forgot... but anyways...

You CAN (if you can not find any one else in the temple) level up and get out of there... keeping your level below 9...then wonder outside the temple and try to find someone... then ask... then recall back...give the note to the right person...

But Oghma said "Wich base class are they?" ... this confused me as well... who is they?
Paskry

Post by Paskry » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:01 pm

Which base class is your character?

IE:
Warrior
Wizard
Priest
Rogue

Paskry
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 pm

As far as this goes, what I do is I have a text document I use. Whenever I trigger a quest, I copy and paste the entire conversation with the mob into the text file. That way I can look back at it and find out what I need to do. The quest log still needs a little bit of work on some of the older quests I think, but it works pretty good. I just like to play things safe.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:17 am

I would love to be able to ask someone IC for the assistance. However, I have not seen a person since I started the character. Only the npc's. I am so afraid of giving it to the wrong person, for I have no idea how to get that amulet otherwise, though I am sure there is a way.

I love all your suggestions, they just do not help me out very much right now.
--John Milton
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:53 pm

The weaponmaster in the training temple will have asked you to take a note to the trainer most appropriate to your own class... which is why several posts asked you to think about your character's base class.

Hopefully, that should give you the answer
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:05 am

Thank you all for helping. Seriously.

Stars above, I am really an idiot at times. Thank you! Truly truly!

So, for those who were betting... (CAELYVAR!) it took me like... oh five days? I want to say.. to actually come up with the answer. ;)

And you can count the posts yourself.
--John Milton
Paskry

Post by Paskry » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:23 pm

Lets see.... Day 5...
Kelemvor it looks like you won the pool!
:wink:
Paskry