Player Wipe?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Gregal

Player Wipe?

Post by Gregal » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:50 pm

So does that mean that we will lose all of our equipment and everything? As well as anything any of our characters posess?
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:51 pm

You will need to start out from scratch and will lose everything, as will everyone since it will require you to recreate your characters.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Gregal

hmm

Post by Gregal » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Is that level and everything as well? Sorry I am just thinking about those characters that have been around for ages.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:02 pm

It is everything, the character is wiped and you need to rebuild it from scratch.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:47 pm

What about faiths and what not? We will have to reapply and how will we have hp's since everyone of them will also be level 1? is there not a way we can at least credit something in the same fashion our names are being saved?
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:49 pm

I believe once you reach level ten you will be allowed to rejoin your faith. So you will just need to send an apllication to applications@forgottenkingdoms.com or ask once over question on the mud.

Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:53 pm

How do we ICly interpret seeing HPs attempt to bash sewer rats?
("Oh haha, glad to see someone cares about the pest population" and "Oh haha, feywarden, fancing seeing you here to bash training dummies with me" only works for so long)
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:01 pm

I think that you'll need to decide icly on how to respond to what you see. That would work best.

Argentia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Argentia » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:23 pm

Editted because editting is the cool thing to do. Feel free to delete.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.
Raona
Staff
Staff

I'm no insider, but...

Post by Raona » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:15 pm

As much as I personally like the sound of all of this, I am forced to confront the reality of my calandar, and take that into consideration before getting too inspired. So, um, if you are in a place where daylight savings time applies, don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight!

Chuckle... :wink: Nice one, Dalvyn.
Legault
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Legault » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:29 pm

Wait. Is this some kinda bad April Fools day joke?
Legault, Kesno, Balmek, Nezbit
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:05 am

An April Fool's joke is only a bad one if no one falls for it :)
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Boe
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Boe » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 am

April fools...? I only hope...

this is a bad idea in my personal expirience and opinion.

-Kyle
Enaria
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Enaria » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:08 am

This is some kind of bad joke, right?

I sure hope so... I don't think I have the patience or time to restart my characters.
Gratey
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Gratey » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:14 am

::prays for this not to be true::
Honestly, If this is a april fools joke, its the best one ever
Myself, I would not want to have to completely restart my characters, because I put alot of time into them, one close to one thousand hours.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:22 am

Y'know, Dalvyn stands to lose what, 5000 hours or something if players actually were wiped...so I'm pretty sure this is an April Fool...cept maybe the idea of skill points (though prolly not for a while).
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:39 am

Second paragraph is the important one. just a hint. But read the first, its good too.

Hey cut the whining! I have been playing Kirkus for going on 6 years now. If it improves the mud great! If you don't have the patience to restart a character then you must not have put too much time in to it in the first place. It might help to take the next month and think about ways you can rp the change! And if that is too taxing think about this...... some may remember if you have been here long enough to earn your stripes, when a pretty nasty glitch hit the waterdeep dungeon so it dropped every name on the crime list after like one or two pages. Oh sounds great at first dosn't it, well not if your name is on one of the next pages. You would have been stuck down there with me and no chance to get out for months, real life months. It was something like 6 months to a year if I remember correctly. What does that have to do with anything you may be asking? well here is your answer. I didn't cry for hours "OH what will I ever do!?" I rp'ed. I sat there for hours upon hours smoting to nothing but myself and the occasional albatros that would fly in the window. And what do you know, it gave me an idea, build a better area for the dungeon.(don't ask where its at.... I am still working on it. I promise. Perhaps I will use the month to push it along.)

Point is don't b***h and moan! Think of a decent rp reason for why you are suddenly weak and itemless. Perhaps you were beaten to an inch of you life by a dragon or hoard of orcs, dragged back to WD or where ever your starting town is and tossed over to the temple to nurse you back to health. Perhaps if you evil you were thrown in the WD dungeon and were stripped of your weapons and possessions so you snuck out and walked the 1320 mile journey cross country to Zhentil Keep where you are now regaining your health. I DON"T KNOW! but think of something.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Yonna

Post by Yonna » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:55 am

*Edited to remove the whining* I am going to leave my opinions to myself.

I have learned from experience with another situation exactly as this one. There had to be a pwipe for the game to be updated, and nearly every single player who had been there for more than a year quit...leaving the pbase extremely crippled. If everyone quits, where does that leave the rp? Food for thought
Theillik

Post by Theillik » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:58 am

I would welcome a player wipe. It would be a new adventure, a chance to start out new, an opportunity to remake characters that I wish I had taken more time on.

But, it is April 1st after all.:)
Travis
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Travis » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:11 am

hmm, it would be cool to have a pwipe and have your hours transed over so you could rebuild your char from scratch how you think it should be.

April Fools is a good day for dreaming.