Money pouches and the worth command

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Garrat
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Money pouches and the worth command

Post by Garrat » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:12 am

I was sure that if i put coin in a money pouch that the 'worth' command would register the ammount of coin you have and total it up, now it just says 'No money!'

Has there been a change or am i just losing the plot?
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:43 pm

Nope. The worth command only totals what you have in your hands. It does not take into consideration things inside containers. Also the value and sell commands are the same way. I accidentally sold a full belt pouch and nearly lost a bunch of items. But that was like so long ago........ apparently I just like turned into a valley girl. Totally!

I need sleep!!!
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Lorion
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Lorion » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm

I do not think you are quite right Kirkus. I once bought a full container(bag of ore) which cost considerably more than an empty one(of course i bought it just for this reason: to see what people there sold :p)
And i do think i remember either valuing or selling a full beltpouch which also was worth more than usual.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:24 pm

The money pouches did used to act like the money was in your hands, and the code took care of getting the coins out for you and paying when you bought something as well.

That code was recently disabled, due to an abuse bug. I would imagine that when Mask gets a chance to fix the code, they will be reactivated, if it can't be, then it won't. Meanwhile, coin purses simply act like regular pouches. You have to manually get your money out, and the contents to not add to your worth score.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:15 pm

First I don't think ore bags are the same as say my hollowed cactus belt pouch. I could definately be wrong because I don't know too much about mining and that trades associated items. And come to think of it.... I would bet that it has to be a "money" pouch for that sort of code to work. That would be why I wouldn't know.

back when I was raising money for my future dwelling I accidentally sold my pouch with probabiliy somewhere between 25 to 50 plat in it along with my other numerous coin worthy items. I got something like 3 silvers and 4 coppers for it. perhaps the code has improved. shrug
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Garrat
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Garrat » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:12 pm

i knew i wasnt losing it!

thanks guys
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:34 pm

>sell pack
A cloth pack has items in it, are you sure you want to sell it ANYWAY?
>anyway
You sell a cloth pack for two coppers

This might prevent accidental sales of filled packs?
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:54 pm

Actually, I think most all the merchants have had their interest for containers taken away, most of the merchants that used to buy them have not for a long time.

When they did, they did take the value of the contents in consideration, because that was my one giveaway that I once accidentally sold a container with some expensive contents instead of the single item with the same three first letters... ah well, at least I did get some decent coin for the stuff, but not as much as if I'd have sold it separately.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:27 pm

Yes, that's what I'd noticed, too.
However, it seems that merchants that have no interest for empty packs will develop some for filled ones - at least I'd observed this before code changes.
Some general merchants are still ready to take everything.
Chars: Aryvael et all.