Organisations

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Organisations

Post by Orplar » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:22 pm

I didnt see a smiliar forum so I thought I would start it.

I know that longer-term roleplayed characters are able to plan and apply to make an organisation as long as they meet the requirements that are listed on the home page. My question is this. Can characters make/found an order in a faith? If it is all planned out and such like a normal organisation? If so, would there be any extra steps that needed to be taken?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Theillik

Post by Theillik » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:06 pm

The best way to do any rp is to apply:

applications@forgottenkingdoms.com
Jedan
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Jedan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:20 am

I would imagine that you would have to do a great deal of RP within your faith beforehand, and get the approval of the particular deity before even attempting to apply.

Forming an entirely new Order within a faith is quite a bit larger an undertaking than simply getting some friends together to form an adventuring band or sommat. :shock:
Dugald
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Dugald » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:12 am

Well, there are probably over 100 orders within the game that /exist/ but aren't coded into fk. I'd think it'd almost be as simple as sending in an application for rp to do a quest or something for the deity to be able to roleplay being a member in a noncoded order.

It wouldn't give you any mechanical benefits at all, but, being able to say you are in one of those orders - and being able to rp the edicts and spread knowledge of the order - is a pretty sweet deal in itself.

Heck, you could probably pull an obscure one out and just start doing it... Unless that's illegal :)
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:43 am

Hmmm,

Is there a place I could find some of these orders that arent coded and read up on them?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Dugald
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Dugald » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:35 am

I'm not so sure you'd be able to find a comprehensive list anywhere. Some orders are listed under the deity descriptions that wikipedia provides, but it isn't thorough by any measure.

Your best bet would be getting your hands on sourcebooks wotc has provided for faerun that deal with prestidge classes...a lot of those end up being orders of some kind.

If you're not having any luck on finding the type of order you think you'd be interested in - since most are generally nonsecret orders - you can send me an IM or PM and I can sift through my sourcebooks and see if I can pin one down. And if it ends up being a secret order, then, well, it'd be kind of hard to send in an application about requesting to rp for.

Unfortunately, tons of orders only really exist in faerun historical accounts and brief explanations about the orders "mission statement", if you will - so those would be more difficult to apply for unless you'd be willing to put a lot of time into fleshing out all the stuff the creators of the order didn't.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Actually, the best source might not be a book from 3rd edition, but rather one from 2nd edition, Faiths & Avatars.

I am not sure where or how to get a copy though (or even if it is possible to still get one), so I'll leave that up to you.
Kilak
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Kilak » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:52 pm

If you need background info on some groups or gods, just let me know. I have a nice large collection of 2nd edition books and box sets, along with some 1st and 3rd edition books. I would be happy to do some research for anyone who wants it. Just let me know at melrosepad (at) msn.com. Just put Forgotten Kingdoms in the subject, as I will be setting up a filter so they won't get put as junk/spam.
- Kilak Axebattler, son o' Baelin o' Clan Axebattler
- Melaku, Warrior from Zakhara
- Vaelyn, Wizard in Training
Timaeus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Timaeus » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:10 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Faith-Avatars-by-Er ... m#DESCDATA

Got mine from ebay used for around $8
AKA Tycho, Lamorak, Kayne, Uthric
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:05 pm

You can also get it electronically for $5 from rpgnow.com, along with a lot of other out of print 2E materials.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1622&
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:20 pm

Just a friendly reminder that to start an organisations you must send in an application to applications@forgottenkingdoms.com and get it approved before it can be started.
Shabanna
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Organisations

Post by Shabanna » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Just a question... and I know of no other way to say it...

If one applies to form a faith based organization...and it is approved... is it possible to get the bling to go along? Since... we all love bling!!! And how would one go about that? ( And by bling I would be asking about items like tabbards or arm bands or the like with organization symbol not like a +12 sword of Smiting :P ) *Snickers*

Banna
"May Fortune climb into your lap and refuse to leave"
Builder Council: Journeyman
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Organisations

Post by Gwain » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:40 pm

A lot of those organizations (faith or player based adventure parties) with items in the game have been the result of characters in that organization building areas for these organizations. It is highly recommended that interested individuals apply to the builder email if they wish to include items or areas for members of their organization.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)