Info on Tyr

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Zach

Info on Tyr

Post by Zach » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:24 am

Where would one go to learn more about Tyr for OOC reasons...

I have looked and several things i found do not seam like they would fit in the game... any help?
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:39 am

This is a nice resource on the faerunian god of Justice and Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyr_%28Forgotten_Realms%29

It has general and specific information.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:51 am

that is usually what I go off of... but like... i never heard of anyone mention Kezef the Chaos Hound and the Tablets of Fate... I do not have an extensive library of FR books ... or... even a single book... nore does the helpfile say anything about the hammers of grimjaws...
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 am

Here's stuff on Kesef the Chaos hound and a great deal of other horrorific elder evils. The books are a nice buy, but I am finding the internet to be equally a good resource. In this link there is an extended story of Kesef and Tyr, that might be of help :)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/elderevil
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Sean
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Sean » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:17 pm

I must say, its been about a half a year since I discovered Wikipedia, and I've looked up all sorts of things (I thought) I already had a good grasp of. But I never thought to Wikipedia Tyr... :shock:

Thanks Gwain! This'll probably help me too. :D

Also, althought it may not be worth mentioning, in playing Neverwinter Nights, I've noticed a lot of the Clergy of Tyr running around. Seeing as I haven't had much time to play it, this may or may not be true, but the game seems a bit in depth on certain points. Maybe I'll go run up to one of them and inquire about the church of Tyr and see what they say... (And possibly write down their Greetings/Farewells, and 'borrow' something similar :wink:)