Three cheers for FK!

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Scylere
Sword Master
Sword Master

Three cheers for FK!

Post by Scylere » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:18 am

What are the top three things you love about FK?

NOTE: Reply before you read them all:D
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:39 am

I love how it's DnD w/o fighting everyone for SOMEONE to be the DM...

I love how I don't have to remember which die is for what and for what class.

And I love being able to excape from RL, if only for the moment.
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:12 am

Well for me next month I have been here for 5 years on/off. The most I have ever gone is about 3 months without being online. Which I still don't remember how I made it that long.

1. I love being able to get help from anyone. Whether its another player or an admin everyone helps everyone.

2. I build so that too I love that I can give back to what I enjoy.

3. Without kissing ass too much, I love how much the admins and Imm's are involved in making this game better as a whole.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:35 pm

1) A really high-quality player base and leadership, that's helpful, patient, and engaged

2) The opportunity to RP whenever I have time; even before the break of dawn

3) A wonderful world that seems too big to ever completely explore or understand
Scylere
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Scylere » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:47 pm

a) When IMMs jump into mobs and play with us. It's really fun to have their world come alive! And not to mention all the work they do behind the scenes, when they really just want to have fun.

b) The player base is amazing. I'm always amazed at the richness of all the characters. I just love interacting with characters I meet.

c) The meticulous work the coders have to do to make such an expansive, detailed, interactive world. There is always something new to explore, a new quest to fret over, a new experience.

I think I just love the game!:D Maybe I'm biased...
Eltsac
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Eltsac » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:57 pm

1. RP possibilities offered by all the Imm works
2. Friendly Athmosphere generally
3. Cooperative and not competitive
Eltsac, Loren Wildsoul, Gaymor, Heleyn Featherhand, Aminiel Emeraldeyes, Derissa Silvershield, Hova, Cal Nimblefinger, Cylistria Baenre
Ninde
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ninde » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:23 pm

1) Game is in Forgotten Realms, which always been my favourite setting.
2) Your freedom of speech. You can tell anything that you feel discomfortable or disagree with the game, knowing you won't get in to black list of imms, just because of your thoughts.(This may seems so little, but there is an attitude in some other mud imms, "If you are not agree, then go away")
3) The depth of roleplay. Not just for me but also whole other roleplayers, that gives you chance of great roleplaying moments.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:36 pm

Compared to other MUDS:

1. How you are able to talk your way out of all sorts of trouble without having to compare the sharpness of your swords and the speed at which you could cut off another's head with one.

2. How you are able to give criticism without instant siteban (that's happened to me before) and are able to relate to the immortals. Strangely, I fear them the more, the better I know them.

In the eyes of a very irregular (time-wise and behaviour-wise) player:

3. No requirement to spend any amount of time playing, and no need to spend the majority of your play-time sitting in some abyss or other for your idiocies (I daresay I hold the record for the getting-in-trouble / play-time ratio)
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Nicolya
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Nicolya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:21 am

As someone who is not a newbie to muds, but bascially a newbiw to this game, what I enjoy about

1) The dedication of the staff and players to create a Forgotten Realms game. I like that there are plenty of resources IG for someone unfamiliar with the Realms, but you can also bring in information for outside FR books. (Example the information in Races of Faerun on looks of a race, beliefs)

2) I like that it is also player driven IG. That the leader of your faith is not an Immortal. This way I feel you get a closer connection to those people. This goes for those who are on the Waterdeep Guard Council (is that the right name for them?) and other areas I have seen so far. The Role Playing of the community too is really high, which I am a junkie for.

3) The quests. I really enjoy the sheer number of quests that once can perform, feeling like they are making a difference in the world. Rather than just go hack n slash away to get xp.

4) I like the feats system/skills/trades/spells - the attention to detail given to these is just amazing
- Current Character -
Cerise Kadrimme
Alaudrien
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alaudrien » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:22 pm

Ah..The people to play with. Good times good times!
I take only what I need and I need everything!

-Alyzlin
Valdimyr
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

3 things....

Post by Valdimyr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Well, I have been mudding now for about 13 years and I must say, these are the three things I love about FK

(1) In all my years I have never seen someone take a SMAUG codebase and rework it to being that far advanced into C++. Even if not for the C++, I've never seen a SMAUG mud work like FK does, and the additions are noticed and loved, because a lot of them you can get no where else.

(2) The immense rp that all the characters live by, and especially the very friendly ones that will make you feel welcome even if you stumble in upon the middle of someone else's rp. Most places the characters that are rp'ing at the moment would shun you away if you came in on the middle.

(3) I love that no area ever gets old, because each time you go there, you can do something new albeit roleplay something different, but the areas never get old, no matter how many times you visit them.

I know it only said 3 but, one last thing...

(4) I love the layout of the realm, and especially the VT interface addition because it just makes the world stand out more and make traveling very fun.
Sincerely,
Valdimyr
Rennick
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Rennick » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:20 pm

recently been visiting some of my past MUDs since ours has been down, got me to thinking about this topic...

1) Player-base. Hate to be the one to say it, but its good to have enough players to support good RP. Too many MUDs I've played have the tiniest little player base and its hard to RP with anyone.

2) Serious RP. I was always into RP but never played one before where the characters really cared so much about serious RP. FK really is a way to get into your characters, rather than just a chat-room with swords.

3) Caring Imm staff AND players. I find that the Imm staff and the players at FK, for the most part, do everything possible to make the MUD the best there is, and I think this really adds a great atmosphere and really pays off.

So there's my two cents. Thanks everybody.
Rennick, Ranger of Mielikki
Tireniel, Crusader of Shevarash
Jarus Altens, Senior Steeleye of Helm
Arvalan Symbaern, Priest of Corellon
Charissa
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Charissa » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:12 am

I pretty much -love- everything about it in a whole. The great Imm staff is nothing but amazing and so are the players!! I have met some of the greatest people through this game, both ic and occ. I love how everyone is always trying to include one another. Hate to sound like an echo to all that posted above, but that’s pretty much how it is... Amazing. :)
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:28 am

I hate how you take all my time
And when with work you clash
I hate Sharni's carpet cleanings
I hate it when you crash
I hate your "five more minutes" lure
I hate loving your quests
I hate putting your IMM RP's
Ahead of getting rest
All these things I hate and more
About the MUD that I love best.

....and I'm such a geek I think I might be sick from it. :-P
Dear Enemy: May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.